Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
VIDEO: Rami Rabia Plays First official 90 minutes in Sporting’s 3-2 defeat
Belenenses ended Sporting CP’s eight game win streak by defeating them 3-2 in the first leg of the third round of the Taca Da Liga.
The Egyptian defender was injured at the beginning of the season disrupting his development process which his coach previously emphasised on and delayed his first official appearance for Sporting Clube de Portugal.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) January 21, 2015
Belenenses starting XI: Matt Jones, André Teixeira, João Afonso, Palm, Gonçalo Brandão, Bruno China, Rodrigo Dantas, Carlos Martins, Dálcio, Abel Camara, Fabio Nunes.
The game’s first goal came just 5 minutes into the match as Gauld tapped the ball into an empty net following a Tanaka pass to score his first goal in a Sporting shirt.
Almost 10 minutes later, the same player scored his second after Wallyson executed a cheeky chipped pass.
A Rabia error allowed the opponents to get back in the game. The 21-year-old defender tripped over which resulted in a one-on-one situation, with Camara exploiting the Egyptian’s mistake to put the ball past the Sporting keeper.
Tanaka together with Sporting’s forward had many chances to score more in the first half but failed to convert those chances to goals.
The Portegueese giants paid in the second half for their misses as Dalcio Gomes scored an equaliser in the 54th minute to make it 2-2.
Just 5 minutes later, the Sporting defence gave away a penalty which Camara converted to scored his second of the night and his side’s third.
Sporting didn’t have any dangerous chances for the remainder of the game except for a Tanaka shot just before the final whistle which was deflected to a corner.
Despite their 3-2 defeat, Sporting still lead Group A with six points while Belenenses come in second with five points.
Round-up video of Rami’s performance below along with all game’s goals.