KingFut’s Marwan Ahmed got in touch with Angola national team manager Beto...
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
Chelsea, Roma reach ‘verbal agreement’ over Mohamed Salah loan
After weeks of speculation over Mohamed Salah’s future and days of negotiations between Chelsea and Roma, the two clubs have finally reached a ‘verbal agreement’ over the Egyptian international’s loan.
According to Sky Sport Italia reporters Manuele Baiocchini and Gianluca Di Marzio, Roma and Chelsea have reached a verbal agreement over the transfer of Mohamed Salah on an initial 18-month loan.
Roma are to pay €500,000 for the loan, which includes a €17 million option to buy. The capital club also have the option to terminate Salah’s loan in January 2016 if the Egyptian winger does not live up to expectations, and according to the Sky Sport Italia reporters, Chelsea would have to pay back the €500,000 loan fee.
On the other hand, if Roma do decide to purchase the 22-year-old, on top of the €17 million, they will also have to pay a €1 million bonus in case the Italian side qualify to the UEFA Champions League.
If he is to make his move to Rudi García’s side permanent, the left-footed forward will reportedly earn €2.2 million a year (net of taxes) until June 2019, and will be the second Egyptian to play for the club since Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, who joined from Marseille over 10 years ago.
It is also reported that the deal should be completed by the weekend, likely after Roma’s match against Fiorentina on Sunday, as all that is missing are the signatures.
It must be noted that Jose Mourinho has confirmed Mohamed Salah, who has 21 goals in 36 international appearances, will be in Chelsea’s squad against Bradford in the FA Cup tomorrow.