The fixtures for the U-20 Africa Cup of Nations, which is set...
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
- Hector Cuper: Our group is now more complicated
- OFFICIAL: Injured Egypt keeper El-Shennawy to miss rest of AFCON
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
VIDEO: Salah assists as Chelsea bundled out of FA Cup
Mohamed Salah made his fourth start of the season and played 72 minutes as Chelsea embarrassingly surrendered a 2-0 lead, losing 2-4 to Bradford City. The loss eliminates the Premier League leaders from the FA Cup.
It took Chelsea 21 minutes to open the scoring. Gary Cahill scored after an Oscar assist from a corner, placing the ball in the net with a simple first touch at the near post.
Just 17 minutes after Cahill’s goal, Ramires doubled the lead for the Blues after charging forward from halfway, swapping slick passes with Salah to score.
Four minutes before half-time, Jonathan Stead closed the gap with a cracking shot into Peter Cech’s right corner.
Salah and John Obi Mikel were replaced by Willian and Cesc Fabregas in the 72nd minute, and three minutes later, Filipe Morals buried a loose ball in the net after taking advantage of a long throw into the box to equalise for Bradford.
Eight minutes before the end of the game, Andy Halliday put Bradford into the lead after finding the net after a neat passage of play from the third-tiered team. Chelsea’s woes were compounded in stoppage time when Mark Yeates made the travelling fans dreams come true, hammering the final nail in Chelsea’s coffin after slipping the ball into the net from close range.
With this result Chelsea are now out of the FA Cup, conceding four goals against a third-tiered team for the first time since 1958.
Salah, who has been heavily linked with a move to Roma following reports of a verbal agreement between the two clubs, may have just played his last game in the blue of Chelsea.
Chelsea’s next match comes at home in the Premier League, with a potential title decider against Manchester City, who were also knocked out by Championship side Middlesborough, on February the 1st.