Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
French referee to take charge of Cairo Derby
The Egyptian Referees Association has appointed French referee, Tony Chapron, to officiate the Cairo Derby which will take place this Thursday.
The 42-year-old will take charge of the game as the main referee while his French colleagues Hicham Zakrani and Yohan Peru will run the lines and Jan Charlie filling in as the fourth official.
Tony Chapron who earned his International Refereeing License in 2007, has officiated games during the 2011 FIFA U-17 World Cup in Mexico and the 2010 World Cup Qualifier between Latvia and Greece.
It is worth noting that Al Ahly have recently complained about Egyptian referees‘ mistakes during their matches and have requested that a foreign referee to take charge of the their upcoming Cairo Derby.