Speaking exclusively to KingFut.com, former Arsenal winger and current coach Robert Pires...
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
- Spalletti comments on Salah’s absence ahead of Rome Derby
- Kahraba: Fans are the reason behind my performance
- Inzaghi: Mohamed Salah added value to Roma
- Radja Nainggolan: Salah is an important player
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
French referee to take charge of Cairo Derby
The Egyptian Referees Association has appointed French referee, Tony Chapron, to officiate the Cairo Derby which will take place this Thursday.
The 42-year-old will take charge of the game as the main referee while his French colleagues Hicham Zakrani and Yohan Peru will run the lines and Jan Charlie filling in as the fourth official.
Tony Chapron who earned his International Refereeing License in 2007, has officiated games during the 2011 FIFA U-17 World Cup in Mexico and the 2010 World Cup Qualifier between Latvia and Greece.
It is worth noting that Al Ahly have recently complained about Egyptian referees‘ mistakes during their matches and have requested that a foreign referee to take charge of the their upcoming Cairo Derby.