The Egyptian Minister of Youth & Sports has announced that a record-high...
- OFFICIAL: 75,000 allowed to attend Egypt qualifier against Ghana
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
French referee to take charge of Cairo Derby
The Egyptian Referees Association has appointed French referee, Tony Chapron, to officiate the Cairo Derby which will take place this Thursday.
The 42-year-old will take charge of the game as the main referee while his French colleagues Hicham Zakrani and Yohan Peru will run the lines and Jan Charlie filling in as the fourth official.
Tony Chapron who earned his International Refereeing License in 2007, has officiated games during the 2011 FIFA U-17 World Cup in Mexico and the 2010 World Cup Qualifier between Latvia and Greece.
It is worth noting that Al Ahly have recently complained about Egyptian referees‘ mistakes during their matches and have requested that a foreign referee to take charge of the their upcoming Cairo Derby.