Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
French referee to take charge of Cairo Derby
The Egyptian Referees Association has appointed French referee, Tony Chapron, to officiate the Cairo Derby which will take place this Thursday.
The 42-year-old will take charge of the game as the main referee while his French colleagues Hicham Zakrani and Yohan Peru will run the lines and Jan Charlie filling in as the fourth official.
Tony Chapron who earned his International Refereeing License in 2007, has officiated games during the 2011 FIFA U-17 World Cup in Mexico and the 2010 World Cup Qualifier between Latvia and Greece.
It is worth noting that Al Ahly have recently complained about Egyptian referees‘ mistakes during their matches and have requested that a foreign referee to take charge of the their upcoming Cairo Derby.