Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
Report: Basel bid for Ahmed Hassan Koka
According to Portuguese news outlet A Bola, FC Basel have made a transfer bid for Ahmed Hassan Mahgoub ‘Koka’.
Basel, who already have two Egyptians in their ranks (Mohamed El-Nenny and Ahmed Hamoudi), have placed a bid for the young striker, according to Portuguese newspaper A Bola.
A Bola also report that Hassan was unaware of the Swiss outfit’s offer, and that the towering forward’s desire is to join Sporting Lisbon.
The 21-year-old Egyptian striker, who is enjoying a good season with Rio Ave, has been the subject of many transfer rumors in the past days.
Rio Ave had already reportedly rejected a €650.000 offer from Sporting Lisbon, before the later came back with a €1 million offer, as well as the possibility of loaning out one of their players to Rio Ave until the end of the season.
Rio Ave currently sit in seventh in the overall league table, with half of the season gone. The Vila do Conde outfit exited the Europa League from the group stage last month.