Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha was nominated for the CAF 2016 Referee of...
- Hughes talks Ramadan Sobhi, defeat against Arsenal
- Gerisha nominated for CAF Best Referee of the Year Award
- Sobhi nominated for GloCAF Most Promising Talent
- Zamalek nominated for CAF Club of the Year award
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
Report: Basel bid for Ahmed Hassan Koka
According to Portuguese news outlet A Bola, FC Basel have made a transfer bid for Ahmed Hassan Mahgoub ‘Koka’.
Basel, who already have two Egyptians in their ranks (Mohamed El-Nenny and Ahmed Hamoudi), have placed a bid for the young striker, according to Portuguese newspaper A Bola.
A Bola also report that Hassan was unaware of the Swiss outfit’s offer, and that the towering forward’s desire is to join Sporting Lisbon.
The 21-year-old Egyptian striker, who is enjoying a good season with Rio Ave, has been the subject of many transfer rumors in the past days.
Rio Ave had already reportedly rejected a €650.000 offer from Sporting Lisbon, before the later came back with a €1 million offer, as well as the possibility of loaning out one of their players to Rio Ave until the end of the season.
Rio Ave currently sit in seventh in the overall league table, with half of the season gone. The Vila do Conde outfit exited the Europa League from the group stage last month.