Zamalek manager Momen Soliman revealed that back-up keeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rehim “Gennesh” will...
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
Mohamed Salah names 20-man Zamalek squad for 109th Cairo derby
The Whites have named their squad for the 109th Cairo derby against rivals Al Ahly on Thursday, the 29th of January.
The list sees the exclusion of left-back Ahmed Samir, who had recently returned to training after an injury setback. Second choice goalkeeper, Mohamed Abou-Gabal, was also not called upon alongside Reda El-Azab for technical reasons, while Khaled Kamar and Moruf Yusuf will miss the game due to being faced with a month’s suspension.
Mohamed Koffi return’s to the squad list after his international duty with Burkina Faso, which saw them get eliminated from the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations in the group stages; while Tarek Hamed also returns after recovering from his injury.
Goalkeepers: Ahmed El-Shennawy, Mahmoud Gennesh.
Defenders: Ali Gabr, Ahmed Dweidar, Hamada Tolba, Omar Gaber, Islam Gamal, Mohamed Koffi, Saleh Mousa.
Midfielders: Ahmed Tawfik, Tarek Hamed, Ahmed Eid, Mohamed Shaaban, Ayman Hefny, Ibrahim Salah, Mostafa Fathi, Hazem Emam.
Forwards: Abdoulaye Cissé, Ahmed Ali, Basem Morsi.
It is worth mentioning that Zamalek currently sit top of the table with 40 points from 17 games, while Al Ahly are currently in 4th position with 32 points from only 16 games.