Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Mohamed Salah names 20-man Zamalek squad for 109th Cairo derby
The Whites have named their squad for the 109th Cairo derby against rivals Al Ahly on Thursday, the 29th of January.
The list sees the exclusion of left-back Ahmed Samir, who had recently returned to training after an injury setback. Second choice goalkeeper, Mohamed Abou-Gabal, was also not called upon alongside Reda El-Azab for technical reasons, while Khaled Kamar and Moruf Yusuf will miss the game due to being faced with a month’s suspension.
Mohamed Koffi return’s to the squad list after his international duty with Burkina Faso, which saw them get eliminated from the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations in the group stages; while Tarek Hamed also returns after recovering from his injury.
Goalkeepers: Ahmed El-Shennawy, Mahmoud Gennesh.
Defenders: Ali Gabr, Ahmed Dweidar, Hamada Tolba, Omar Gaber, Islam Gamal, Mohamed Koffi, Saleh Mousa.
Midfielders: Ahmed Tawfik, Tarek Hamed, Ahmed Eid, Mohamed Shaaban, Ayman Hefny, Ibrahim Salah, Mostafa Fathi, Hazem Emam.
Forwards: Abdoulaye Cissé, Ahmed Ali, Basem Morsi.
It is worth mentioning that Zamalek currently sit top of the table with 40 points from 17 games, while Al Ahly are currently in 4th position with 32 points from only 16 games.