Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Mohamed Salah names 20-man Zamalek squad for 109th Cairo derby
The Whites have named their squad for the 109th Cairo derby against rivals Al Ahly on Thursday, the 29th of January.
The list sees the exclusion of left-back Ahmed Samir, who had recently returned to training after an injury setback. Second choice goalkeeper, Mohamed Abou-Gabal, was also not called upon alongside Reda El-Azab for technical reasons, while Khaled Kamar and Moruf Yusuf will miss the game due to being faced with a month’s suspension.
Mohamed Koffi return’s to the squad list after his international duty with Burkina Faso, which saw them get eliminated from the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations in the group stages; while Tarek Hamed also returns after recovering from his injury.
Goalkeepers: Ahmed El-Shennawy, Mahmoud Gennesh.
Defenders: Ali Gabr, Ahmed Dweidar, Hamada Tolba, Omar Gaber, Islam Gamal, Mohamed Koffi, Saleh Mousa.
Midfielders: Ahmed Tawfik, Tarek Hamed, Ahmed Eid, Mohamed Shaaban, Ayman Hefny, Ibrahim Salah, Mostafa Fathi, Hazem Emam.
Forwards: Abdoulaye Cissé, Ahmed Ali, Basem Morsi.
It is worth mentioning that Zamalek currently sit top of the table with 40 points from 17 games, while Al Ahly are currently in 4th position with 32 points from only 16 games.