Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Mohamed Salah names 20-man Zamalek squad for 109th Cairo derby
The Whites have named their squad for the 109th Cairo derby against rivals Al Ahly on Thursday, the 29th of January.
The list sees the exclusion of left-back Ahmed Samir, who had recently returned to training after an injury setback. Second choice goalkeeper, Mohamed Abou-Gabal, was also not called upon alongside Reda El-Azab for technical reasons, while Khaled Kamar and Moruf Yusuf will miss the game due to being faced with a month’s suspension.
Mohamed Koffi return’s to the squad list after his international duty with Burkina Faso, which saw them get eliminated from the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations in the group stages; while Tarek Hamed also returns after recovering from his injury.
Goalkeepers: Ahmed El-Shennawy, Mahmoud Gennesh.
Defenders: Ali Gabr, Ahmed Dweidar, Hamada Tolba, Omar Gaber, Islam Gamal, Mohamed Koffi, Saleh Mousa.
Midfielders: Ahmed Tawfik, Tarek Hamed, Ahmed Eid, Mohamed Shaaban, Ayman Hefny, Ibrahim Salah, Mostafa Fathi, Hazem Emam.
Forwards: Abdoulaye Cissé, Ahmed Ali, Basem Morsi.
It is worth mentioning that Zamalek currently sit top of the table with 40 points from 17 games, while Al Ahly are currently in 4th position with 32 points from only 16 games.