Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
Basel on Koka rumours: This story is completely fictitious
FC Basel sporting director Georg Heitz has denied the recent news linking Egyptian striker Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ to the Swiss champions.
Earlier this week, FC Basel were said to have made a bid for Egypt and Rio Ave striker Koka, as per Portuguese newspaper A Bola.
However, Basel director Georg Heitz completely dismissed the story a day later as being “completely fictitious”, as reported by TagesWoche editor Florian Raz.
Koka, whose contract expires in June 2016, has scored 11 goals in 27 official games for Rio Ave this season, and is the club’s — and the league’s fifth — highest scorer this season.
Rio Ave’s president, António Campos, recently said that the Portuguese side had reached an agreement with a foreign club who “appeared with a better offer for Hassan” after Sporting Lisbon reportedly made a €1 million offer for the in-form Egyptian striker.
Rio Ave currently sit in ninth in the overall league table, with 24 points from 18 matches.