Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Basel on Koka rumours: This story is completely fictitious
FC Basel sporting director Georg Heitz has denied the recent news linking Egyptian striker Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ to the Swiss champions.
Earlier this week, FC Basel were said to have made a bid for Egypt and Rio Ave striker Koka, as per Portuguese newspaper A Bola.
However, Basel director Georg Heitz completely dismissed the story a day later as being “completely fictitious”, as reported by TagesWoche editor Florian Raz.
Koka, whose contract expires in June 2016, has scored 11 goals in 27 official games for Rio Ave this season, and is the club’s — and the league’s fifth — highest scorer this season.
Rio Ave’s president, António Campos, recently said that the Portuguese side had reached an agreement with a foreign club who “appeared with a better offer for Hassan” after Sporting Lisbon reportedly made a €1 million offer for the in-form Egyptian striker.
Rio Ave currently sit in ninth in the overall league table, with 24 points from 18 matches.