Egypt international Mahmoud Trezeguet featured for Royal Mouscron as they suffered a...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
Basel on Koka rumours: This story is completely fictitious
FC Basel sporting director Georg Heitz has denied the recent news linking Egyptian striker Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ to the Swiss champions.
Earlier this week, FC Basel were said to have made a bid for Egypt and Rio Ave striker Koka, as per Portuguese newspaper A Bola.
However, Basel director Georg Heitz completely dismissed the story a day later as being “completely fictitious”, as reported by TagesWoche editor Florian Raz.
Koka, whose contract expires in June 2016, has scored 11 goals in 27 official games for Rio Ave this season, and is the club’s — and the league’s fifth — highest scorer this season.
Rio Ave’s president, António Campos, recently said that the Portuguese side had reached an agreement with a foreign club who “appeared with a better offer for Hassan” after Sporting Lisbon reportedly made a €1 million offer for the in-form Egyptian striker.
Rio Ave currently sit in ninth in the overall league table, with 24 points from 18 matches.