An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Basel on Koka rumours: This story is completely fictitious
FC Basel sporting director Georg Heitz has denied the recent news linking Egyptian striker Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ to the Swiss champions.
Earlier this week, FC Basel were said to have made a bid for Egypt and Rio Ave striker Koka, as per Portuguese newspaper A Bola.
However, Basel director Georg Heitz completely dismissed the story a day later as being “completely fictitious”, as reported by TagesWoche editor Florian Raz.
Koka, whose contract expires in June 2016, has scored 11 goals in 27 official games for Rio Ave this season, and is the club’s — and the league’s fifth — highest scorer this season.
Rio Ave’s president, António Campos, recently said that the Portuguese side had reached an agreement with a foreign club who “appeared with a better offer for Hassan” after Sporting Lisbon reportedly made a €1 million offer for the in-form Egyptian striker.
Rio Ave currently sit in ninth in the overall league table, with 24 points from 18 matches.