The Windy City Open 2017, which will kick off on Thursday in...
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
Basel on Koka rumours: This story is completely fictitious
FC Basel sporting director Georg Heitz has denied the recent news linking Egyptian striker Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ to the Swiss champions.
Earlier this week, FC Basel were said to have made a bid for Egypt and Rio Ave striker Koka, as per Portuguese newspaper A Bola.
However, Basel director Georg Heitz completely dismissed the story a day later as being “completely fictitious”, as reported by TagesWoche editor Florian Raz.
Koka, whose contract expires in June 2016, has scored 11 goals in 27 official games for Rio Ave this season, and is the club’s — and the league’s fifth — highest scorer this season.
Rio Ave’s president, António Campos, recently said that the Portuguese side had reached an agreement with a foreign club who “appeared with a better offer for Hassan” after Sporting Lisbon reportedly made a €1 million offer for the in-form Egyptian striker.
Rio Ave currently sit in ninth in the overall league table, with 24 points from 18 matches.