Nigerian footballing legend Emmanuel Amuneke revealed that he is keen to ply...
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
- Sundowns’ Dolly: We’re ‘chilling’ since arriving to Egypt
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Teko Modise: It will be a match to remember
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
Ricardo: Antwi’s departure will solve many problems
Ismaily coach Heron Ricardo Ferreira believes that letting the league top-scorer John Antwi leave was the right decision.
Ghanaian hitman Antwi, who had scored 12 goals in 17 games halfway into the 2014/2015 season, recently completed a $2.2 million move to Saudi Arabian outfit Al Shabab, signing a 2-year contract.
Ricardo explained his reasoning for letting the 22-year-old striker leave, saying: “I had my reasons for my decision to let Antwi leave, as opposed to many others who thought that letting him leave was an inconvenience to the team.”
“It is true that Antwi was the team and the league’s leading goalscorer. However, he gave everything and started causing trouble.”
“Him leaving will solve many problems, mainly the players’ late financial dues,” said Ricardo, before adding: “At the same time, we must sign someone to participate in the upcoming league matches.”
Ismaily sit in 7th place in the overall Egyptian Premier League standings, and are due to host Haras El-Hodood on Saturday.