KingFut’s Marwan Ahmed got in touch with Angola national team manager Beto...
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
Ricardo: Antwi’s departure will solve many problems
Ismaily coach Heron Ricardo Ferreira believes that letting the league top-scorer John Antwi leave was the right decision.
Ghanaian hitman Antwi, who had scored 12 goals in 17 games halfway into the 2014/2015 season, recently completed a $2.2 million move to Saudi Arabian outfit Al Shabab, signing a 2-year contract.
Ricardo explained his reasoning for letting the 22-year-old striker leave, saying: “I had my reasons for my decision to let Antwi leave, as opposed to many others who thought that letting him leave was an inconvenience to the team.”
“It is true that Antwi was the team and the league’s leading goalscorer. However, he gave everything and started causing trouble.”
“Him leaving will solve many problems, mainly the players’ late financial dues,” said Ricardo, before adding: “At the same time, we must sign someone to participate in the upcoming league matches.”
Ismaily sit in 7th place in the overall Egyptian Premier League standings, and are due to host Haras El-Hodood on Saturday.