Al Masry manager Hossam Hassan spoke about his side’s encounter with Nigeria’s Ifeanyi...
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
Ricardo: Antwi’s departure will solve many problems
Ismaily coach Heron Ricardo Ferreira believes that letting the league top-scorer John Antwi leave was the right decision.
Ghanaian hitman Antwi, who had scored 12 goals in 17 games halfway into the 2014/2015 season, recently completed a $2.2 million move to Saudi Arabian outfit Al Shabab, signing a 2-year contract.
Ricardo explained his reasoning for letting the 22-year-old striker leave, saying: “I had my reasons for my decision to let Antwi leave, as opposed to many others who thought that letting him leave was an inconvenience to the team.”
“It is true that Antwi was the team and the league’s leading goalscorer. However, he gave everything and started causing trouble.”
“Him leaving will solve many problems, mainly the players’ late financial dues,” said Ricardo, before adding: “At the same time, we must sign someone to participate in the upcoming league matches.”
Ismaily sit in 7th place in the overall Egyptian Premier League standings, and are due to host Haras El-Hodood on Saturday.