A Sherif Ekramy penalty save in the dying seconds of the match...
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
Ricardo: Antwi’s departure will solve many problems
Ismaily coach Heron Ricardo Ferreira believes that letting the league top-scorer John Antwi leave was the right decision.
Ghanaian hitman Antwi, who had scored 12 goals in 17 games halfway into the 2014/2015 season, recently completed a $2.2 million move to Saudi Arabian outfit Al Shabab, signing a 2-year contract.
Ricardo explained his reasoning for letting the 22-year-old striker leave, saying: “I had my reasons for my decision to let Antwi leave, as opposed to many others who thought that letting him leave was an inconvenience to the team.”
“It is true that Antwi was the team and the league’s leading goalscorer. However, he gave everything and started causing trouble.”
“Him leaving will solve many problems, mainly the players’ late financial dues,” said Ricardo, before adding: “At the same time, we must sign someone to participate in the upcoming league matches.”
Ismaily sit in 7th place in the overall Egyptian Premier League standings, and are due to host Haras El-Hodood on Saturday.