Wadi Degla coach, Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, took a throw back on his...
- Mido: Me and Ibrahimovic almost killed each other
- Mido: I’ve should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
Ivorian striker Seydou Doumbia joins A.S Roma
Ivorian forward Seydou Doumbia has joined AS Roma from CSKA Moscow on a four-and-a-half year deal for an undisclosed fee, with both clubs making official statements within the past few hours.
The Ivorian striker is currently representing his side at the African Cup of Nations, netting once in three appearances so far in the tournament coming from the bench, crucially winning a point for the Elephants with a last minute strike against Guinea in the first round.
He is set to join compatriot Gervinho who is playing for the Italian giants, with Doumbia signing as a replacement for Mattia Destro, who has moved to AC Milan.
Doumbia announced earlier today that he chose to play for The Wolves because of their attacking football style and to have the chance to play “with a monster like Totti”. The Ivorian has now filled Roma’s final slot for a foreign player, which was previously going to be used for Mohamed Salah until interest was dropped after the Serie A side reportedly reached a verbal agreement with Chelsea.
Doumbia, who has featured for the CSKA Moscow side since 2010, scored 61 goals in 95 appearances for the Russian side. He also won the top goalscorer award in Côte d’Ivoire’s Premier Division, Swiss Championship (twice) and Russian Premier League (twice).
— PFC CSKA MOSCOW (@PFC_CSKA_MOSCOW) January 31, 2015