Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
Al Ahly receive Arsenal trial offer for Ramadan Sobhy: Wael Reyad
Arsenal have sent the Red Devils an official letter to inquire about the availability of Ramadan Sobhy, former Al Ahly player Wael Reyad said on his television programme Al Reyada Al Youm.
The North London-based club would like the 17-year-old attacking midfielder – whom they have been following since last March – to spend 7-10 days with the club on trial.
Reyad states that Al Ahly chairman Mahmoud Taher received the inquiry, however, football director Alaa Abdel-Sadek currently rejects the offer following Ahmed Fathi’s unsuccessful trial with the Gunners.
Al Ahly do not want Fathi’s experience to be repeated with their rising star, given that Fathi moved to Qatari outfits Umm Salal last summer. Wael Reyad added that the Reds intend on keeping their young first team players for at least two years to gain experience.
The Egypt U-23 international has managed to breakthrough the Red Devils’ ranks last season and become a first team regular since – with 5 goals in 15 league appearances – helping the club to win the 2013/2014 Egyptian Premier League title, the 2014 Egypt Super Cup, as well as the 2014 CAF Confederations Cup.
It is worth noting Sobhy, who extended his contract with Al Ahly until 2020 towards the end of last year, has previously attracted interest from Spanish giants Atlético Madrid following his impressive displays at the Sheikh Zayed Youth Tournament last year, where Ahly’s U-17s defeated Atlético 3-2, the competition’s champions Botafogo FC 4-0 and Emirati side Al-Wahda 3-1.