Egypt giants Al Ahly have announced the date for their encounter with Zambian...
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
Al Ahly receive Arsenal trial offer for Ramadan Sobhy: Wael Reyad
Arsenal have sent the Red Devils an official letter to inquire about the availability of Ramadan Sobhy, former Al Ahly player Wael Reyad said on his television programme Al Reyada Al Youm.
The North London-based club would like the 17-year-old attacking midfielder – whom they have been following since last March – to spend 7-10 days with the club on trial.
Reyad states that Al Ahly chairman Mahmoud Taher received the inquiry, however, football director Alaa Abdel-Sadek currently rejects the offer following Ahmed Fathi’s unsuccessful trial with the Gunners.
Al Ahly do not want Fathi’s experience to be repeated with their rising star, given that Fathi moved to Qatari outfits Umm Salal last summer. Wael Reyad added that the Reds intend on keeping their young first team players for at least two years to gain experience.
The Egypt U-23 international has managed to breakthrough the Red Devils’ ranks last season and become a first team regular since – with 5 goals in 15 league appearances – helping the club to win the 2013/2014 Egyptian Premier League title, the 2014 Egypt Super Cup, as well as the 2014 CAF Confederations Cup.
It is worth noting Sobhy, who extended his contract with Al Ahly until 2020 towards the end of last year, has previously attracted interest from Spanish giants Atlético Madrid following his impressive displays at the Sheikh Zayed Youth Tournament last year, where Ahly’s U-17s defeated Atlético 3-2, the competition’s champions Botafogo FC 4-0 and Emirati side Al-Wahda 3-1.