Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
OFFICIAL: VfB Stuttgart sign Serey Die from Basel
The German side secured Die’s signature hours before the transfer window deadline, as part of the Swabians’ attempts to fight their way out of the relegation zone.
Stuttgart currently lie in 17th place in the Bundesliga table, only one point above Dortmund.
Robin Dutt (VfB’s sporting director) claims that Serey Die is the kind of player that the team needs at the moment.
“He is an internationally experienced player who will quickly find his way in the new environment of Bundesliga,” said Dutt.
“We think he is the experienced player we were looking for to act as a landmark for our young players,” he added.
The midfielder is currently on duty with Ivory Coast at the Africa Cup of Nations in Equatorial Guinea, and will be travelling to Stuttgart after the tournament ends.
— FC Basel 1893 (@FC_Basel) February 2, 2015
Ivory Coast will face DR Congo at the semi-final stage after defeating Algeria 3-1 in the quarter finals. Die also appeared for The Elephants at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
The Ivorian has only played for Swiss clubs since moving to Europe. He first joined FC Sion, before moving to Basel in December 2012 where he played in both the Europa League and Champions League.