Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
OFFICIAL: VfB Stuttgart sign Serey Die from Basel
The German side secured Die’s signature hours before the transfer window deadline, as part of the Swabians’ attempts to fight their way out of the relegation zone.
Stuttgart currently lie in 17th place in the Bundesliga table, only one point above Dortmund.
Robin Dutt (VfB’s sporting director) claims that Serey Die is the kind of player that the team needs at the moment.
“He is an internationally experienced player who will quickly find his way in the new environment of Bundesliga,” said Dutt.
“We think he is the experienced player we were looking for to act as a landmark for our young players,” he added.
The midfielder is currently on duty with Ivory Coast at the Africa Cup of Nations in Equatorial Guinea, and will be travelling to Stuttgart after the tournament ends.
Ivory Coast will face DR Congo at the semi-final stage after defeating Algeria 3-1 in the quarter finals. Die also appeared for The Elephants at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
The Ivorian has only played for Swiss clubs since moving to Europe. He first joined FC Sion, before moving to Basel in December 2012 where he played in both the Europa League and Champions League.