ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
Nigeria’s Yakubu joins Reading until end of the season
Championship side Reading FC have sealed a deal to sign veteran Nigerian striker Yakubu Aiyegbeni.
The former Portsmouth, Middlesbrough and Everton forward has penned a short-term contract to stay at the Madejski Stadium until the end of the season.
“The Yak” enjoyed a 10 year spell in English Football since arriving in 2003 playing for four different English clubs and scoring 114 goals in domestic competitions. He appeared in both the English Premier League and the Championship.
Yakubu left English football two years ago to play for Chinese and Qatari sides, Guangzhou and Al Rayyan, respectively.
Yakubu scored 95 goals in the English Premier League alone, surpassing the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Dennis Bergkamp and Fernando Torres. He’s considered one of the most successful African players to have ever appeared in the Premier League.
He represented Nigeria 57 times scoring 21 goals including a goal in the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. He is currently the third highest ever international goalscorer for Nigeria after Rashidi Yekini and Segun Odegbami.