The draws for Egyptian sides Al Ahly and Zamalek in CAF Champions...
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
- Ramadan Sobhi reveals effect of AFCON on Stoke career
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
Nigeria’s Yakubu joins Reading until end of the season
Championship side Reading FC have sealed a deal to sign veteran Nigerian striker Yakubu Aiyegbeni.
The former Portsmouth, Middlesbrough and Everton forward has penned a short-term contract to stay at the Madejski Stadium until the end of the season.
“The Yak” enjoyed a 10 year spell in English Football since arriving in 2003 playing for four different English clubs and scoring 114 goals in domestic competitions. He appeared in both the English Premier League and the Championship.
Yakubu left English football two years ago to play for Chinese and Qatari sides, Guangzhou and Al Rayyan, respectively.
Yakubu scored 95 goals in the English Premier League alone, surpassing the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Dennis Bergkamp and Fernando Torres. He’s considered one of the most successful African players to have ever appeared in the Premier League.
He represented Nigeria 57 times scoring 21 goals including a goal in the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. He is currently the third highest ever international goalscorer for Nigeria after Rashidi Yekini and Segun Odegbami.