Zamalek midfielder Ibrahim Abdel-Khalek has joined Arab Contractors on loan until the end of...
- Abdel-Khalek joins Arab Contractors on loan
- VIDEO: El-Sheikh scores late to send Egypt to World Military Cup semis
- Ramzy Khaled joins Arab Contractors on loan
- OFFICIAL: Egypt’s Amr Warda joins PAOK from Panetolikos
- Ghana to use Egypt game as rehearsal for quarterfinals, says Andre Ayew
- Elneny: I want to become an Arsenal legend
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly sign Kilmarnock striker Souleymane Coulibaly
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
Nigeria’s Yakubu joins Reading until end of the season
Championship side Reading FC have sealed a deal to sign veteran Nigerian striker Yakubu Aiyegbeni.
The former Portsmouth, Middlesbrough and Everton forward has penned a short-term contract to stay at the Madejski Stadium until the end of the season.
“The Yak” enjoyed a 10 year spell in English Football since arriving in 2003 playing for four different English clubs and scoring 114 goals in domestic competitions. He appeared in both the English Premier League and the Championship.
Yakubu left English football two years ago to play for Chinese and Qatari sides, Guangzhou and Al Rayyan, respectively.
Yakubu scored 95 goals in the English Premier League alone, surpassing the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Dennis Bergkamp and Fernando Torres. He’s considered one of the most successful African players to have ever appeared in the Premier League.
He represented Nigeria 57 times scoring 21 goals including a goal in the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. He is currently the third highest ever international goalscorer for Nigeria after Rashidi Yekini and Segun Odegbami.