Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Nigeria’s Yakubu joins Reading until end of the season
Championship side Reading FC have sealed a deal to sign veteran Nigerian striker Yakubu Aiyegbeni.
The former Portsmouth, Middlesbrough and Everton forward has penned a short-term contract to stay at the Madejski Stadium until the end of the season.
“The Yak” enjoyed a 10 year spell in English Football since arriving in 2003 playing for four different English clubs and scoring 114 goals in domestic competitions. He appeared in both the English Premier League and the Championship.
Yakubu left English football two years ago to play for Chinese and Qatari sides, Guangzhou and Al Rayyan, respectively.
Yakubu scored 95 goals in the English Premier League alone, surpassing the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Dennis Bergkamp and Fernando Torres. He’s considered one of the most successful African players to have ever appeared in the Premier League.
He represented Nigeria 57 times scoring 21 goals including a goal in the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. He is currently the third highest ever international goalscorer for Nigeria after Rashidi Yekini and Segun Odegbami.