Egypt international Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba scored a brace as Al-Ittihad beat Al-Ettifaq...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
- Egypt features in list of referees for 2017 AFCON
Nigeria’s Yakubu joins Reading until end of the season
Championship side Reading FC have sealed a deal to sign veteran Nigerian striker Yakubu Aiyegbeni.
The former Portsmouth, Middlesbrough and Everton forward has penned a short-term contract to stay at the Madejski Stadium until the end of the season.
“The Yak” enjoyed a 10 year spell in English Football since arriving in 2003 playing for four different English clubs and scoring 114 goals in domestic competitions. He appeared in both the English Premier League and the Championship.
Yakubu left English football two years ago to play for Chinese and Qatari sides, Guangzhou and Al Rayyan, respectively.
Yakubu scored 95 goals in the English Premier League alone, surpassing the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Dennis Bergkamp and Fernando Torres. He’s considered one of the most successful African players to have ever appeared in the Premier League.
He represented Nigeria 57 times scoring 21 goals including a goal in the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. He is currently the third highest ever international goalscorer for Nigeria after Rashidi Yekini and Segun Odegbami.