Egypt have been seeded in pot 3 for the 2017 Africa U-20...
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
Aubameyang on Zidan return: Why not with us?
Egypt international Mohamed Zidan has been preparing for a return to football for months after recovering from a knee injury.
The 33-year-old forward has been training with his former club Borussia Dortmund amidst reported interest from Egyptian sides Arab Contractors, El-Gouna and Ismaily, and thanked the club and his former manager Jürgen Klopp for getting him “back on the field”.
Following Gabon international Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s return from the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations – due to his country’s exit from the competition – Zidan wished his ‘African brother’ good luck ahead of today’s game with FC Augsburg.
“He is back with the African Cup energy and I believe he will kill ’em tomorrow. Good luck my African brother,” Zidan said on his Instagram account, to which Aubameyang responded: “Thanks so much my bro. Happy to see you everyday! Too much energy in yourself. Hope you are back earlier and why not with us? Why not?!”
Zidan has not played an official match since December 2012. His conflict with his last team, UAE outfit Baniyas, released him in 2013 due to his ‘carelessness’, according to the chairman Mubarak Bin Mahroum.