Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal has stressed that Egypt manager Hector Cuper...
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
Aubameyang on Zidan return: Why not with us?
Egypt international Mohamed Zidan has been preparing for a return to football for months after recovering from a knee injury.
The 33-year-old forward has been training with his former club Borussia Dortmund amidst reported interest from Egyptian sides Arab Contractors, El-Gouna and Ismaily, and thanked the club and his former manager Jürgen Klopp for getting him “back on the field”.
Following Gabon international Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s return from the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations – due to his country’s exit from the competition – Zidan wished his ‘African brother’ good luck ahead of today’s game with FC Augsburg.
“He is back with the African Cup energy and I believe he will kill ’em tomorrow. Good luck my African brother,” Zidan said on his Instagram account, to which Aubameyang responded: “Thanks so much my bro. Happy to see you everyday! Too much energy in yourself. Hope you are back earlier and why not with us? Why not?!”
Zidan has not played an official match since December 2012. His conflict with his last team, UAE outfit Baniyas, released him in 2013 due to his ‘carelessness’, according to the chairman Mubarak Bin Mahroum.