Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Aubameyang on Zidan return: Why not with us?
The 33-year-old forward has been training with his former club Borussia Dortmund amidst reported interest from Egyptian sides Arab Contractors, El-Gouna and Ismaily, and thanked the club and his former manager Jürgen Klopp for getting him “back on the field”.
Following Gabon international Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s return from the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations – due to his country’s exit from the competition – Zidan wished his ‘African brother’ good luck ahead of today’s game with FC Augsburg.
“He is back with the African Cup energy and I believe he will kill ’em tomorrow. Good luck my African brother,” Zidan said on his Instagram account, to which Aubameyang responded: “Thanks so much my bro. Happy to see you everyday! Too much energy in yourself. Hope you are back earlier and why not with us? Why not?!”
Zidan has not played an official match since December 2012. His conflict with his last team, UAE outfit Baniyas, released him in 2013 due to his ‘carelessness’, according to the chairman Mubarak Bin Mahroum.