Mohamed Mamdouh Hashem, Pays d’Aix and Egypt’s National Handball team Pivot, spoke...
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I didn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
VIDEO: Salah arrives in Florence, hopes Fiorentina move ‘a step forward’
The 22-year-old joined the Viola on a 6-month loan deal from Chelsea on deadline day of the winter transfer window and touched down in Florence with a Fiorentina scarf around his neck on Wednesday to link up with his new club.
— ACF Fiorentina (@acffiorentina) February 4, 2015
Salah told ViolaChannel.tv upon his arrival: “I’m really happy to be here. I really hope this is a step forward in my career.”
“I know that my move to Fiorentina generated a lot of interest in Egypt and I hope to do well for the fans in Egypt too.
“Yesterday I watched their game [against Roma] and I really like the team. Now we will play in the Italian Cup semi-final against Juventus.
“I played against Tottenham two times in the Europa League with Basel. They were very good games for me and I scored against Tottenham, my first goal, so that was an important moment for me and for Basel.
“I also put in five assists in that competition. I am really excited about that meeting.”
Salah’s Egyptian compatriot in Florence, Ahmed Hegazy, completed a six-month loan switch to Serie B side Perugia the same day his move from Chelsea was confirmed.
“I spoke with Hegazy and he spoke very highly about Fiorentina and Florence. My role? I’m a right winger but can also play on the left and as a no. 10,” Salah concluded.
The Egyptian winger will wear the number 74 jersey with the Viola to honour the memory of the Port Said disaster victims.
Salah has already been included in Fiorentina’s Europa League squad for the knockout stages of the 2014/15 competition.
Ahmed Wagih contributed reporting. Some quotes translated by FootballItalia