Lierse football club announced on their website that the team’s midfielder Amr...
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
Hervé Renard emerges as candidate for Egypt post
Frenchman Hervé Renard has emerged as a candidate to take over the vacant Egypt post, according to comments Thursday from Egypt FA board member Essam Abdel-Fattah.
Abdel-Fattah said that Renard is among a quintet of potential candidates that include others coaching in the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON).
“There is a meeting on Saturday between the Board of Directors of the Federation with the technical committee in charge of studying the five foreign coaching candidates,” Abdel-Fattah added in televised remarks.
In 2012, Renard led Zambia to its first-ever AFCON title, beating his current team in a penalty shootout.
The Egyptian FA previously declared that the Pharaohs’ next coach would come from one of the 2015 AFCON semi-finalists.
Egypt has been without a coach since it dismissed Shawky Gharib in November.