Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Hervé Renard emerges as candidate for Egypt post
Abdel-Fattah said that Renard is among a quintet of potential candidates that include others coaching in the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON).
“There is a meeting on Saturday between the Board of Directors of the Federation with the technical committee in charge of studying the five foreign coaching candidates,” Abdel-Fattah added in televised remarks.
Renard is currently in charge of Ivory Coast’s national team, having just led them to the AFCON final where they’ll take on Ghana’s Black Stars.
In 2012, Renard led Zambia to its first-ever AFCON title, beating his current team in a penalty shootout.
The Egyptian FA previously declared that the Pharaohs’ next coach would come from one of the 2015 AFCON semi-finalists.
Egypt has been without a coach since it dismissed Shawky Gharib in November.