Entag El-Harby put an end to Al Ahly’s seven-match winning streak after...
- VIDEO: Al Ahly’s winning streak ends with draw against Entag
- Elneny left out of Arsenal’s squad as Gunners lose to Tottenham
- VIDEO: Warda scores in PAOK’s 5-1 win against Kerkyra
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
Mohamed Salah unveiled as Fiorentina player after loan move from Chelsea
The 22-year-old flew to Florence on Wednesday afternoon after Fiorentina ended speculation, gossip and negotiations on transfer deadline day by announcing they had agreed a deal with Chelsea to loan Salah out for 6 months with a option to extend the loan to 18 months for an additional €1 million.
The Egyptian international successfully passed his medical in London before signing a six-month loan deal with the Serie A club.
After putting pen to paper on his Fiorentina contract, the Egyptian winger was officially unvield to the media and the fans at Artimo Franchi during a presentation that was attended by club president Mario Cognigni.
Mohamed Salah, who will wear the number 74 shirt at Fiorentina to tribute the victims in Port Said disaster, also spoke to Viola TV upon his arrival and said, “I am happy to be a Fiorentina player and I really hope that this is a step forward in my career.”
The Egyptian international also spoke in his presentaion press confrence and said, “I hope to stay for a long time at Fiorentina I am not looking forward to return to Chelsea soon”
“I chose this team because the Italian league is of a high level, I think the vast majority of players who choose to go elsewhere is only for new experiences.”
— ACF Fiorentina (@acffiorentina) February 6, 2015
“I am inspired by the greats of the past. From Batistuta, Baggio, Totti and Del Piero in Italy. And I chose to wear number 74 because of the the victims of Port Said, the memorial was few days ago and I wanted to tribute them by wearing number 74.”
“I wanted to leave Chelsea and they respected my desicion and they allowed me to move to Fiorentina.”
Mohamed Salah was then asked about how he will settle into his new club and he said, “In Basel and Chelsea I spoke English, I hope to learn Italian here. Next week I will start learning.”
“I already feel good, I feel good in Florence and with the team. Before coming here, I spoke with Ahmed Hegazy that calmed me down and told be about the environment and the team.”
Mohamed Salah also expressed his desire to play regularly joking that he has come here to play and expects to debut on Sunday against Atalanta.