Egypt international Aly Ghazal is on the verge of sealing a transfer...
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
Sporting Lisbon want one million euros for Shikabala
Zamalek officials have travelled to Lisbon in an attempt to re-sign Shikabala from Sporting, but the Portuguese club are holding out for a larger sum than the White Castle are offering.
According to reports from Portuguese newspaper O Jogo, a delegation of Zamalek officials comprised of Ahmed and Amir Mortada Mansour, sons of the club’s president, as well as Hani Zadeh, has been in Lisbon in the past few days in an attempt to negotiate the return of Shikabala, who has been not been seen in Lisbon since August.
Despite having received an offer of 600,000 euros for the player, Sporting are now demanding one million Euros, to compensate for all the costs the club has incurred since the player’s disappearance.
Sporting have stopped paying Shikabala’s wages since late 2014 due to the player’s unjustified absence, and would also require Shikabala to return to Lisbon and issue a public apology to the club before leaving.
Shikabala has a contract valid until the end of the 2017/18 season and a release clause of 45 million Euros. He has only played 13 minutes with Sporting’s main team in an end-of-the-season match against Estoril, who were then coached by Sporting’s current manager, Marco Silva.