Côte d’Ivoire international Gervinho is set to miss the 2017 CAF Africa Cup...
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
Sporting Lisbon want one million euros for Shikabala
According to reports from Portuguese newspaper O Jogo, a delegation of Zamalek officials comprised of Ahmed and Amir Mortada Mansour, sons of the club’s president, as well as Hani Zadeh, has been in Lisbon in the past few days in an attempt to negotiate the return of Shikabala, who has been not been seen in Lisbon since August.
Despite having received an offer of 600,000 euros for the player, Sporting are now demanding one million Euros, to compensate for all the costs the club has incurred since the player’s disappearance.
Sporting have stopped paying Shikabala’s wages since late 2014 due to the player’s unjustified absence, and would also require Shikabala to return to Lisbon and issue a public apology to the club before leaving.
Shikabala has a contract valid until the end of the 2017/18 season and a release clause of 45 million Euros. He has only played 13 minutes with Sporting’s main team in an end-of-the-season match against Estoril, who were then coached by Sporting’s current manager, Marco Silva.