Ghana national team manager Avram Grant has spoken ahead of their 2017...
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
Elmohamady hits bar as Milner rescues City from shock defeat
James Milner broke Hull City heart’s with a stoppage time goal as Man City draw 1-1 with Hull City at the Etihad Stadium.
The Tigers started strongly with Ahmed Elmohamady starting at right back. Elmohamady had an early chance to give Hull City the lead when he headed the ball into the cross bar after a cross from Robby Brady.
16: Chance of the Tigers Elmohamady hits the crossbar with a header from a lovely cross from Brady #MCIHUL
— Hull City Official (@HullCity) February 7, 2015
The home side dominated position and territory as the Tigers sat back, before they used a counter attack starting from Sone Aluoko with his shot deflecting from the post before being tapped in from close range by David Meyler to give Hull City the lead.
In the 80th minute James Milner entered the pitch replacing Eden Dzeko and in the second minute of stoppage time Milner won a free kick and took it himself, placing it brilliantly in the lower left corner of the goal to snatch a point from the Tigers’ jaw.
The single point pulls Hull City out of the regulation zone whilst Manchester City are facing tough times in the title race after Chelsea gained a tough earned three points at Villa Park against Aston Vila to widen the gap to seven points.