Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Maged Samy suspended for eight games by Egyptian FA
The Egyptian Football Association has issued an eight-game ban to Wadi Degla owner Maged Samy for his tirade against match officials, after his side’s 2-1 loss to Petrojet.
Maged Samy said: “There is a great conspiracy against clubs without any sponsor company from the Egyptian Federation.”
“Referees are biased towards a specific side winning title and weaker teams to be relegated; we will make contract with foreign referees with regards to refereeing the rest of the matches,” he added.
The Egyptian FA has urged the refereeing committee to assign matches to their most experienced referees, seeing as most clubs have blamed their results on officiating.
Wadi Degla sit in fourth place in the Egyptian Premier League table, in the final CAF Confederations Cup spot.