Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Maged Samy suspended for eight games by Egyptian FA
The Egyptian Football Association has issued an eight-game ban to Wadi Degla owner Maged Samy for his tirade against match officials, after his side’s 2-1 loss to Petrojet.
Maged Samy said: “There is a great conspiracy against clubs without any sponsor company from the Egyptian Federation.”
“Referees are biased towards a specific side winning title and weaker teams to be relegated; we will make contract with foreign referees with regards to refereeing the rest of the matches,” he added.
The Egyptian FA has urged the refereeing committee to assign matches to their most experienced referees, seeing as most clubs have blamed their results on officiating.
Wadi Degla sit in fourth place in the Egyptian Premier League table, in the final CAF Confederations Cup spot.