Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Maged Samy suspended for eight games by Egyptian FA
The Egyptian Football Association has issued an eight-game ban to Wadi Degla owner Maged Samy for his tirade against match officials, after his side’s 2-1 loss to Petrojet.
Maged Samy said: “There is a great conspiracy against clubs without any sponsor company from the Egyptian Federation.”
“Referees are biased towards a specific side winning title and weaker teams to be relegated; we will make contract with foreign referees with regards to refereeing the rest of the matches,” he added.
The Egyptian FA has urged the refereeing committee to assign matches to their most experienced referees, seeing as most clubs have blamed their results on officiating.