Zamalek manager Momen Soliman revealed that back-up keeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rehim “Gennesh” will...
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
Maged Samy suspended for eight games by Egyptian FA
The Egyptian Football Association has issued an eight-game ban to Wadi Degla owner Maged Samy for his tirade against match officials, after his side’s 2-1 loss to Petrojet.
Maged Samy said: “There is a great conspiracy against clubs without any sponsor company from the Egyptian Federation.”
“Referees are biased towards a specific side winning title and weaker teams to be relegated; we will make contract with foreign referees with regards to refereeing the rest of the matches,” he added.
The Egyptian FA has urged the refereeing committee to assign matches to their most experienced referees, seeing as most clubs have blamed their results on officiating.
Wadi Degla sit in fourth place in the Egyptian Premier League table, in the final CAF Confederations Cup spot.