After losing the Champions League final on aggregate to Mameloudi Sundowns, Zamalek’s...
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
VIDEO: Perugia Defeated as Hegazy Makes Full Debut
Ahmed Hegazy made his full debut with AC Perugia, as they fell to Vicenza by three goals to one after leading in the first half.
The home team started with control over the game until Perugia reacted with the opener in the 24th minute through Lanzafame. Afterwards, Vicenza were denied a penalty in the 39th minute to end the first half with a 1-0 lead to the guests.
Vicenza came roaring back with two early second half goals – both coming from Cocca – in the 47th and 58th minutes.
Vicenza’s equalizer came from a Hegazy mistake who failed to put Cocca in the offside trap which gave the forward the opportunity to score. A development in the match that led to the hosts regaining position.
Cocca later made it 3 for him as well as his side in the 73rd minute, before he was subbed off in the 82nd minute. A deserved win for Vicenza means they reach 37 points and sit in 6th place in the Serie B, while Perugia remain in 14th place with 30 points.
Ahmed Hegazy’s start was his first for the club, after joining the Serie B side on loan earlier this month.