Zamalek were held to a goalless draw against Tanta in gameweek 26...
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
VIDEO: El-Nenny scores as FC Basel beat Grasshoppers 4-2
Mohamed El-Nenny scored a goal and put in an impressive shift throughout the 90 minutes against Grasshoppers, while on the other hand, Egyptian compatriot Ahmed Hamoudi did not even make it on the Basel bench.
El-Nenny gave FC Basel the lead in the 28th minute with a powerful shot from the edge of the box that hit the defender and deflected into the net. Just 4 minutes into the second half however, Moanes Dabour equalized for the hosts with a header that hit the post and ended up in the back of the net.
Then it was Shkelzen Gashi’s turn to get on the scoresheet, who made it two with a magnificent shot from the inside of the box to put the Swiss champions back in the lead.
Marco Streller then gave Basel a comfortable lead when he found himself in a one-on-one situation to place the ball smoothly into the lower left corner, scoring the third goal for Basel. 15 minutes before stoppage time, Michael Lang put Grasshoppers back on track when he launched a shot from inside of the box to reduce the deficit back to one.
However, just 9 minutes before the final whistle, Davide Calla put the game to bed when he found himself in front of an open goal and easily placed the ball into the net to announce Basel’s capture of the three points, which keeps them 7 points clear at the top of the Swiss Super League table.