Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
VIDEO: Ghazal’s Nacional draw with Arouca in frantic finish
Aly Ghazal played the whole 90 minutes as Nacional drew 3-3 with Arouca, in match with three goals in the last ten minutes.
With Saleh Gomaa ruled out of the match due to suspension, Nacional started the match livelier and scored the first goal at the 18th minute, thanks to a strong shot by Mário Rondón, who took advantage of an Arouca defensive error.
Just seven minutes later, Rondón added another goal to his tally. Following a free-kick, Marco Matias took a shot which was saved by the Arouca goalkeeper, but Rondón scored on the rebound.
Arouca struggled to respond, but managed to reduce the disadvantage at the 40th minute, thanks to Rui Sampaio, who made the best of Roberto’s cross.
The second half saw Arouca responding, creating chances more often and saw that effort rewarded with the equalizer at the 79th. Tinoco put the ball into the box with a free-kick and Roberto headed the ball past Gottardi, initiating a frantic final ten minutes.
Just five minutes later, Arouca took the lead for the first time in the match. Gottardi saved a shot from substitute Artur following a counter-attack, but Artur scored the rebound.
However, in the following play, Nacional managed to equalize, with Rondón completing his hat-trick, after connecting to a João Aurélio cross. The teams tried score one more time, but 3-3 was the final score.
Nacional are in 10th place in the Liga NOS whilst Arouca are 15th, just two points ahead of the relegation zone. Nacional’s next match is at home to Estoril and Arouca have a tough trip to Braga.