Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
VIDEO: Ghazal’s Nacional draw with Arouca in frantic finish
Aly Ghazal played the whole 90 minutes as Nacional drew 3-3 with Arouca, in match with three goals in the last ten minutes.
With Saleh Gomaa ruled out of the match due to suspension, Nacional started the match livelier and scored the first goal at the 18th minute, thanks to a strong shot by Mário Rondón, who took advantage of an Arouca defensive error.
Just seven minutes later, Rondón added another goal to his tally. Following a free-kick, Marco Matias took a shot which was saved by the Arouca goalkeeper, but Rondón scored on the rebound.
Arouca struggled to respond, but managed to reduce the disadvantage at the 40th minute, thanks to Rui Sampaio, who made the best of Roberto’s cross.
The second half saw Arouca responding, creating chances more often and saw that effort rewarded with the equalizer at the 79th. Tinoco put the ball into the box with a free-kick and Roberto headed the ball past Gottardi, initiating a frantic final ten minutes.
Just five minutes later, Arouca took the lead for the first time in the match. Gottardi saved a shot from substitute Artur following a counter-attack, but Artur scored the rebound.
However, in the following play, Nacional managed to equalize, with Rondón completing his hat-trick, after connecting to a João Aurélio cross. The teams tried score one more time, but 3-3 was the final score.
Nacional are in 10th place in the Liga NOS whilst Arouca are 15th, just two points ahead of the relegation zone. Nacional’s next match is at home to Estoril and Arouca have a tough trip to Braga.