In an intensive interview with France Football Magazine, Mohamed Salah reflected on...
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
Zamalek terminate Omar Gaber contract extension
The Zamalek board has decided not to activate Gaber’s newly-negotiated 3-year contract, due to his refusal to participate in yesterday’s match against ENPPI.
After the board’s decision to suspend Omar Gaber indefinitely for his refusal to take part in the match against ENPPI, they announced today that they will not activate his new 3-year contract. This means that the player will become a free agent by the end of the season after his contract runs out.
The youngster refused to play after the tragic incident which claimed the lives of at least 30 Zamalek fans outside the stadium. The right back was set to start, but after news of injuries and deaths of Zamalek fans filtered through to the players; he opted to not play.
It is worth mentioning that Gaber has been a fan favorite of the Zamalek faithful, especially the Ultras White Knights. He is well known for his public support of the White Knights in their publicized battle with club president Mortada Mansour.