Egypt’s Minister of Youth and Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz has officially approved on...
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
Zamalek terminate Omar Gaber contract extension
The Zamalek board has decided not to activate Gaber’s newly-negotiated 3-year contract, due to his refusal to participate in yesterday’s match against ENPPI.
After the board’s decision to suspend Omar Gaber indefinitely for his refusal to take part in the match against ENPPI, they announced today that they will not activate his new 3-year contract. This means that the player will become a free agent by the end of the season after his contract runs out.
The youngster refused to play after the tragic incident which claimed the lives of at least 30 Zamalek fans outside the stadium. The right back was set to start, but after news of injuries and deaths of Zamalek fans filtered through to the players; he opted to not play.
It is worth mentioning that Gaber has been a fan favorite of the Zamalek faithful, especially the Ultras White Knights. He is well known for his public support of the White Knights in their publicized battle with club president Mortada Mansour.