Mamelodi Sundowns manager, Pitso Mosimane, thinks that he still has a tough match...
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
Zamalek terminate Omar Gaber contract extension
The Zamalek board has decided not to activate Gaber’s newly-negotiated 3-year contract, due to his refusal to participate in yesterday’s match against ENPPI.
After the board’s decision to suspend Omar Gaber indefinitely for his refusal to take part in the match against ENPPI, they announced today that they will not activate his new 3-year contract. This means that the player will become a free agent by the end of the season after his contract runs out.
The youngster refused to play after the tragic incident which claimed the lives of at least 30 Zamalek fans outside the stadium. The right back was set to start, but after news of injuries and deaths of Zamalek fans filtered through to the players; he opted to not play.
It is worth mentioning that Gaber has been a fan favorite of the Zamalek faithful, especially the Ultras White Knights. He is well known for his public support of the White Knights in their publicized battle with club president Mortada Mansour.