AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Zamalek terminate Omar Gaber contract extension
The Zamalek board has decided not to activate Gaber’s newly-negotiated 3-year contract, due to his refusal to participate in yesterday’s match against ENPPI.
After the board’s decision to suspend Omar Gaber indefinitely for his refusal to take part in the match against ENPPI, they announced today that they will not activate his new 3-year contract. This means that the player will become a free agent by the end of the season after his contract runs out.
The youngster refused to play after the tragic incident which claimed the lives of at least 30 Zamalek fans outside the stadium. The right back was set to start, but after news of injuries and deaths of Zamalek fans filtered through to the players; he opted to not play.
It is worth mentioning that Gaber has been a fan favorite of the Zamalek faithful, especially the Ultras White Knights. He is well known for his public support of the White Knights in their publicized battle with club president Mortada Mansour.