Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Zamalek terminate Omar Gaber contract extension
The Zamalek board has decided not to activate Gaber’s newly-negotiated 3-year contract, due to his refusal to participate in yesterday’s match against ENPPI.
After the board’s decision to suspend Omar Gaber indefinitely for his refusal to take part in the match against ENPPI, they announced today that they will not activate his new 3-year contract. This means that the player will become a free agent by the end of the season after his contract runs out.
The youngster refused to play after the tragic incident which claimed the lives of at least 30 Zamalek fans outside the stadium. The right back was set to start, but after news of injuries and deaths of Zamalek fans filtered through to the players; he opted to not play.
It is worth mentioning that Gaber has been a fan favorite of the Zamalek faithful, especially the Ultras White Knights. He is well known for his public support of the White Knights in their publicized battle with club president Mortada Mansour.