Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Danish-Egyptian Alexander Jakobsen joins Allsvenskan side
Amir Adel, commonly known as Alexander Jakobsen, completed his move to Allsvenskan side Falkenbergs FF on Wednesday, February 11, the Swedish club’s official website have announced.
Jakobsen was born in Denmark to an Egyptian father and a Danish mother. His father, Adel Ahmed, is a former Al Ahly and Egypt national team player. A very promising prospect, Alexander Jakobsen was dubbed “Denmark’s Ronaldhino” growing up in Copenhagen.
Alex jointly-played for youth teams Lyngby BK and FC Copenhagen between 2004 and 2011 before joining Dutch giants PSV Eindhoven. However, his contract with PSV was terminated in the summer of 2014. In the fall of 2014, Alex underwent an unsuccessful trial at Swedish club AIK.
Jakobsen played a handful of games for both the Danish U-17 and U-19 teams. However, the versatile midfielder was called up to Egypt’s preliminary squad for the U-20 World Cup in Turkey in 2013 by coach Rabie Yassin after being apart of the Young Pharaohs side that won the U-20 African Championship earlier that year.
The Swedish Premier League, Allsvenskan, commences this coming April. Last season, Falkenbergs FF came in 13th place, narrowly escaping relegation.