Egypt international Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba scored a brace as Al-Ittihad beat Al-Ettifaq...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
- Egypt features in list of referees for 2017 AFCON
Danish-Egyptian Alexander Jakobsen joins Allsvenskan side
Amir Adel, commonly known as Alexander Jakobsen, completed his move to Allsvenskan side Falkenbergs FF on Wednesday, February 11, the Swedish club’s official website have announced.
Jakobsen was born in Denmark to an Egyptian father and a Danish mother. His father, Adel Ahmed, is a former Al Ahly and Egypt national team player. A very promising prospect, Alexander Jakobsen was dubbed “Denmark’s Ronaldhino” growing up in Copenhagen.
Alex jointly-played for youth teams Lyngby BK and FC Copenhagen between 2004 and 2011 before joining Dutch giants PSV Eindhoven. However, his contract with PSV was terminated in the summer of 2014. In the fall of 2014, Alex underwent an unsuccessful trial at Swedish club AIK.
Jakobsen played a handful of games for both the Danish U-17 and U-19 teams. However, the versatile midfielder was called up to Egypt’s preliminary squad for the U-20 World Cup in Turkey in 2013 by coach Rabie Yassin after being apart of the Young Pharaohs side that won the U-20 African Championship earlier that year.
The Swedish Premier League, Allsvenskan, commences this coming April. Last season, Falkenbergs FF came in 13th place, narrowly escaping relegation.