Argentina and Barcelona legend Lionel Messi spoke about Egypt, his visit in...
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
Danish-Egyptian Alexander Jakobsen joins Allsvenskan side
Amir Adel, commonly known as Alexander Jakobsen, completed his move to Allsvenskan side Falkenbergs FF on Wednesday, February 11, the Swedish club’s official website have announced.
Jakobsen was born in Denmark to an Egyptian father and a Danish mother. His father, Adel Ahmed, is a former Al Ahly and Egypt national team player. A very promising prospect, Alexander Jakobsen was dubbed “Denmark’s Ronaldhino” growing up in Copenhagen.
Alex jointly-played for youth teams Lyngby BK and FC Copenhagen between 2004 and 2011 before joining Dutch giants PSV Eindhoven. However, his contract with PSV was terminated in the summer of 2014. In the fall of 2014, Alex underwent an unsuccessful trial at Swedish club AIK.
Jakobsen played a handful of games for both the Danish U-17 and U-19 teams. However, the versatile midfielder was called up to Egypt’s preliminary squad for the U-20 World Cup in Turkey in 2013 by coach Rabie Yassin after being apart of the Young Pharaohs side that won the U-20 African Championship earlier that year.
The Swedish Premier League, Allsvenskan, commences this coming April. Last season, Falkenbergs FF came in 13th place, narrowly escaping relegation.