Al Ahly football director Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced that a media ban will...
- Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
Elmohamady’s Hull City escape relegation zone with Villa win
Egypt international Ahmed Elmohamady, whose played every minute for Hull City so far this season, started for the 63rd successive league game in their 2-0 win against Aston Villa at the KC Stadium on Tuesday.
The Tigers threatened the opposition’s goal early in the first half with the visitors resisting. In the fourth minute the hosts’ first attempt was saved by Aston Villa goalkeeper Brad Guzan, just moments before he punched Elmohamady’s cross away from danger.
The following 15 minutes were marked by promising attacks on both ends of the field until Nikica Jelavic finally opened the scoring 22 minutes into the first half.
Following the goal, Aston Villa pushed forward and dominated the remaining minutes of the first half.
The second half was static as Elmo’s side sat back and relied on counter attacks. During that time, both sides struggled to find a real chance on goal.
However, in the 74th minute Hull’s new signing, Dame N’Doye, added a goal with a headed assist by Gaston Ramirez. Egypt international Ahmed Elmohamady had provided Ramirez with a beautiful cross before the later headed the ball to Senegal international Dame N’Doye.
Hull City currently stand two points above the relegation zone after tonight’s game, which was only the team’s third home win this season.
The Aston Villa fans were furious with their manager, Paul Lambert, due to the team’s poor form this season and many were calling for him to be sacked.