Egypt have claimed a 31-26 victory over Argentina in the Handball World...
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
- Hector Cuper: Our group is now more complicated
- OFFICIAL: Injured Egypt keeper El-Shennawy to miss rest of AFCON
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
Egypt up 3 spots in latest FIFA Ranking
Egypt climbed three spots in this month’s edition of the FIFA World Ranking, but remain an abysmal 57th.
The Pharaohs haven’t played any matches since November, but the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON), Asian Cup and several friendly matches have allowed for movement in this month’s table.
Egypt currently ranks 15th in Africa, behind South Africa at 14 and just ahead of Gabon at 16.
Algeria remains Africa’s top-ranked side despite their quarterfinal exit at the recently concluded 2015 AFCON, coming in at 19th overall.
Tournament hosts Equatorial Guinea sky-rocketed 69 spots into 49th, making them the highest mover in the world in February.
Newly-crowned AFCON champions Ivory Coast improved to 20th in the world and 2nd in Africa.
Egypt, who haven’t had a national team manager since sacking Shawky Gharib three months ago, has an all-time high FIFA World Ranking of 9th overall back in 2010.