Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Abdel-Shafy wins Crown Prince Cup with Ahli Jeddah, honors 22 tragedy victims
Egyptian left back Mohamed Abdel-Shafy won the Crown Prince Cup with Ahli Jeddah on Friday night, as his side ran out 2-1 winners against Al-Hilal.
King Fahd International stadium hosted the final match of the Cup; the match never really came to life until Omar Al-Somah came in as a sub to score the first goal for Ahli Jeddah just 15 minutes after the kick off of the second half.
Just three minutes later Abdallah El-Maiouf, Ahli Jeddah’s goalkeeper, was sent off for a foul as the referee pointed to the spot.
Yasser El-Mosaylam, Ahli’s second goalkeeper, came on to become an instant hero, as he saved the resulting penalty kick.
Moataz Hawsawi scored the second goal for Ahli Jeddah to secure the title for their team, before Al-Hilal netted a consolation goal with just over 10 minutes to play.
The title is Abdel-Shafy’s first with his current team, after making a six-month loan move from Zamalek; this triumph might just convince the Saudi team to attempt to negotiate a permanent transfer for the defender.
Abdel-Shafy honours Air Defence Stadium disaster victims
The 29-year-old was seen posing with a custom #22 shirt designed to honor those who lost their lives in the latest tragedy in Egyptian football.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) February 13, 2015