Egypt international Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba scored a brace as Al-Ittihad beat Al-Ettifaq...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
- Egypt features in list of referees for 2017 AFCON
Egyptian Premier League to return in two weeks
Mahlab said in a televised statement that the league will return with no fans in two weeks’ time, and a meeting will be held with the Egyptian Football Association to discuss the issue.
“The decision to stop the league was to review and assess the situation,” he said. “There was a plan to disturb the Egyptian state entity,” said Mahlab.
He explained that the league will return due to its effect on a number of Egyptians who work in football.
“The league will return because it impacts a lot of Egyptians,” he added.
Zamalek and ENPPI match incidents resulted in the death of at least 22 Zamalek fans, and there were talks of cancelling the season, just like in 2011/2012 and 2012/2013 respectively.