Argentina and Barcelona legend Lionel Messi spoke about Egypt, his visit in...
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
Egyptian Premier League to return in two weeks
Mahlab said in a televised statement that the league will return with no fans in two weeks’ time, and a meeting will be held with the Egyptian Football Association to discuss the issue.
“The decision to stop the league was to review and assess the situation,” he said. “There was a plan to disturb the Egyptian state entity,” said Mahlab.
He explained that the league will return due to its effect on a number of Egyptians who work in football.
“The league will return because it impacts a lot of Egyptians,” he added.
Zamalek and ENPPI match incidents resulted in the death of at least 22 Zamalek fans, and there were talks of cancelling the season, just like in 2011/2012 and 2012/2013 respectively.