Al Ahly football director Sayed Abdel-Hafiz introduced heavy fines that will be...
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
Egyptian Premier League to return in two weeks
Mahlab said in a televised statement that the league will return with no fans in two weeks’ time, and a meeting will be held with the Egyptian Football Association to discuss the issue.
“The decision to stop the league was to review and assess the situation,” he said. “There was a plan to disturb the Egyptian state entity,” said Mahlab.
He explained that the league will return due to its effect on a number of Egyptians who work in football.
“The league will return because it impacts a lot of Egyptians,” he added.
Zamalek and ENPPI match incidents resulted in the death of at least 22 Zamalek fans, and there were talks of cancelling the season, just like in 2011/2012 and 2012/2013 respectively.