Al Ahly coach Hossam El Badry rejected all rumors and reports saying...
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
- Kahraba scores and assists as Ittihad win at Ettifaq
Petrojet terminate injured defender’s contract
Petrojet have terminated the contract of defender Mohamed Abdel-Salam following his horrific injury against Al Masry in December.
Abdel-Salam suffered a broken ankle in Petrojet’s 3-1 win over Al Masry in the 13th round of the Egyptian Premier League.
Petrojet released a statement saying they needed to remove him from their squad, as the injury requires him to be absent for a period of 6 months. They explained they needed to spare a spot for another player to replace him.
— Marwan A. (@Marwan_KF) December 15, 2014
Abdel-Salam, however, said in a recent TV interview that medical reports showed that he is set to make a comeback in March.
The club asserted they will pay out the medical bills for their injured defender and the remainder of his contract for this season.
The 27-year-old, whose contract was due to expire ahead of next season, joined Petrojet from Al-Nasr in 2013.
You can watch footage of the injury below, but it is worth noting that some readers might consider the images shown as graphic: