Enugu Rangers chief executive Christian Chukwu admitted they respect their CAF Champions...
- We are not afraid of Zamalek, says Enugu Rangers chief
- Pioli answers: Will Salah be key man for Roma against Inter?
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
- AS Roma to face Olympique Lyonnais in Europa League
- Smouha set date for Ulinzi Stars clash
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
- Essam El-Hadary: I may leave Wadi Degla
- Former teammate talks about ‘scissors’ incident between Mido and Zlatan
Petrojet terminate injured defender’s contract
Petrojet have terminated the contract of defender Mohamed Abdel-Salam following his horrific injury against Al Masry in December.
Abdel-Salam suffered a broken ankle in Petrojet’s 3-1 win over Al Masry in the 13th round of the Egyptian Premier League.
Petrojet released a statement saying they needed to remove him from their squad, as the injury requires him to be absent for a period of 6 months. They explained they needed to spare a spot for another player to replace him.
— Marwan A. (@Marwan_KF) December 15, 2014
Abdel-Salam, however, said in a recent TV interview that medical reports showed that he is set to make a comeback in March.
The club asserted they will pay out the medical bills for their injured defender and the remainder of his contract for this season.
The 27-year-old, whose contract was due to expire ahead of next season, joined Petrojet from Al-Nasr in 2013.
You can watch footage of the injury below, but it is worth noting that some readers might consider the images shown as graphic: