Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Petrojet terminate injured defender’s contract
Petrojet have terminated the contract of defender Mohamed Abdel-Salam following his horrific injury against Al Masry in December.
Abdel-Salam suffered a broken ankle in Petrojet’s 3-1 win over Al Masry in the 13th round of the Egyptian Premier League.
Petrojet released a statement saying they needed to remove him from their squad, as the injury requires him to be absent for a period of 6 months. They explained they needed to spare a spot for another player to replace him.
— Marwan A. (@Marwan_KF) December 15, 2014
Abdel-Salam, however, said in a recent TV interview that medical reports showed that he is set to make a comeback in March.
The club asserted they will pay out the medical bills for their injured defender and the remainder of his contract for this season.
The 27-year-old, whose contract was due to expire ahead of next season, joined Petrojet from Al-Nasr in 2013.
You can watch footage of the injury below, but it is worth noting that some readers might consider the images shown as graphic: