Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Petrojet terminate injured defender’s contract
Petrojet have terminated the contract of defender Mohamed Abdel-Salam following his horrific injury against Al Masry in December.
Abdel-Salam suffered a broken ankle in Petrojet’s 3-1 win over Al Masry in the 13th round of the Egyptian Premier League.
Petrojet released a statement saying they needed to remove him from their squad, as the injury requires him to be absent for a period of 6 months. They explained they needed to spare a spot for another player to replace him.
— Marwan A. (@Marwan_KF) December 15, 2014
Abdel-Salam, however, said in a recent TV interview that medical reports showed that he is set to make a comeback in March.
The club asserted they will pay out the medical bills for their injured defender and the remainder of his contract for this season.
The 27-year-old, whose contract was due to expire ahead of next season, joined Petrojet from Al-Nasr in 2013.
You can watch footage of the injury below, but it is worth noting that some readers might consider the images shown as graphic: