Former general supervisor of Ghana national youth teams George Afriyie believes that Ebenezer Assifuah...
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
- Spalletti comments on Salah’s absence ahead of Rome Derby
- Kahraba: Fans are the reason behind my performance
- Inzaghi: Mohamed Salah added value to Roma
- Radja Nainggolan: Salah is an important player
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
Petrojet terminate injured defender’s contract
Petrojet have terminated the contract of defender Mohamed Abdel-Salam following his horrific injury against Al Masry in December.
Abdel-Salam suffered a broken ankle in Petrojet’s 3-1 win over Al Masry in the 13th round of the Egyptian Premier League.
Petrojet released a statement saying they needed to remove him from their squad, as the injury requires him to be absent for a period of 6 months. They explained they needed to spare a spot for another player to replace him.
— Marwan A. (@Marwan_KF) December 15, 2014
Abdel-Salam, however, said in a recent TV interview that medical reports showed that he is set to make a comeback in March.
The club asserted they will pay out the medical bills for their injured defender and the remainder of his contract for this season.
The 27-year-old, whose contract was due to expire ahead of next season, joined Petrojet from Al-Nasr in 2013.
You can watch footage of the injury below, but it is worth noting that some readers might consider the images shown as graphic: