The round one fixtures for the Men’s World Squash Championship 2016 have been released. ...
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
Petrojet win, Smouha lose in opening day of African competitions
Smouha did not get off to the best start on their African debut, as they fell to Al-Ahli Tripoli, while Petrojet saw off South Sudanese side Ghazalia.
In their first-ever appearance in the African Champions League, Smouha suffered a 1-0 loss against the Libyan side Ahli Tripoli. The only goal in the match was scored by Mohamed Ghanudi in the 49th minute from a penalty kick.
The second leg will played in two weeks’ time in the city of Alexandria; the Egyptian side need to win by a two-goal margin in order to directly advance to the next round.
Fellow Egyptian Premier League representatives Petrojet played their first game in this year’s edition of the Confederation Cup. Petrojet were able to grab a 1-0 win in South Sudan’s capital, Juba, against Ghazalia. The Egyptian team’s only goal was scored by Mostafa Shebeita, as a result of a corner kick.
This score means that Petrojet must lose at least 2-0 in Egypt in order to be eliminated.
Watch Shebeita’s goal for the Suez-based side below: