In an intensive interview with France Football Magazine, Mohamed Salah reflected on...
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
Petrojet win, Smouha lose in opening day of African competitions
Smouha did not get off to the best start on their African debut, as they fell to Al-Ahli Tripoli, while Petrojet saw off South Sudanese side Ghazalia.
In their first-ever appearance in the African Champions League, Smouha suffered a 1-0 loss against the Libyan side Ahli Tripoli. The only goal in the match was scored by Mohamed Ghanudi in the 49th minute from a penalty kick.
The second leg will played in two weeks’ time in the city of Alexandria; the Egyptian side need to win by a two-goal margin in order to directly advance to the next round.
Fellow Egyptian Premier League representatives Petrojet played their first game in this year’s edition of the Confederation Cup. Petrojet were able to grab a 1-0 win in South Sudan’s capital, Juba, against Ghazalia. The Egyptian team’s only goal was scored by Mostafa Shebeita, as a result of a corner kick.
This score means that Petrojet must lose at least 2-0 in Egypt in order to be eliminated.
Watch Shebeita’s goal for the Suez-based side below: