Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Petrojet win, Smouha lose in opening day of African competitions
Smouha did not get off to the best start on their African debut, as they fell to Al-Ahli Tripoli, while Petrojet saw off South Sudanese side Ghazalia.
In their first-ever appearance in the African Champions League, Smouha suffered a 1-0 loss against the Libyan side Ahli Tripoli. The only goal in the match was scored by Mohamed Ghanudi in the 49th minute from a penalty kick.
The second leg will played in two weeks’ time in the city of Alexandria; the Egyptian side need to win by a two-goal margin in order to directly advance to the next round.
Fellow Egyptian Premier League representatives Petrojet played their first game in this year’s edition of the Confederation Cup. Petrojet were able to grab a 1-0 win in South Sudan’s capital, Juba, against Ghazalia. The Egyptian team’s only goal was scored by Mostafa Shebeita, as a result of a corner kick.
This score means that Petrojet must lose at least 2-0 in Egypt in order to be eliminated.
Watch Shebeita’s goal for the Suez-based side below: