Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Petrojet win, Smouha lose in opening day of African competitions
Smouha did not get off to the best start on their African debut, as they fell to Al-Ahli Tripoli, while Petrojet saw off South Sudanese side Ghazalia.
In their first-ever appearance in the African Champions League, Smouha suffered a 1-0 loss against the Libyan side Ahli Tripoli. The only goal in the match was scored by Mohamed Ghanudi in the 49th minute from a penalty kick.
The second leg will played in two weeks’ time in the city of Alexandria; the Egyptian side need to win by a two-goal margin in order to directly advance to the next round.
Fellow Egyptian Premier League representatives Petrojet played their first game in this year’s edition of the Confederation Cup. Petrojet were able to grab a 1-0 win in South Sudan’s capital, Juba, against Ghazalia. The Egyptian team’s only goal was scored by Mostafa Shebeita, as a result of a corner kick.
This score means that Petrojet must lose at least 2-0 in Egypt in order to be eliminated.
Watch Shebeita’s goal for the Suez-based side below: