An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
VIDEO: Hegazy helps secure Perugia’s 1st clean sheet in 3 months in 2-0 win
PERUGIA: Koprivec, Giacomazzi, Goldaniga, Hegazy, Crescenzi, Rizzo, Verre, Fossati, Fazzi, Ardelean, Fabinho.
MODENA: Pinsoglio, Gozzi, Cionek, Marzorati, Rubin, Nizzetto, Schiavone, Gentlemen, Martinelli, Fedato, Granoche.
Perugia’s coach, Andrea Camplone, implemented a 3-5-2 formation, one that Hegazy has experience of with the Egyptian national team and Fiorentina.
The first half was a relatively balanced one, showing no serious danger on both sides’ goals except for a wasted Verra chance and a wide header at the other end from Modena’s Granoche.
The first goal of the game came following a swift counter attack in the 43rd minute as Verre finished a horizontal Fabinho pass.
Novellino, Modena’s coach, who appeared to be dissatisfied with his starting line up, used all his substitutions by the 65th minute. He also switched to a 4-2-4 formation, leaving his team vulnerable to Perugia’s counter attacks.
Perugia then sealed the game as Fabinho provided his second assist of the game in the same fashion, but this time it found Nicolo Fazzi (ex Fiorentina) who tapped the ball into an almost empty goal to score his first goal in a Perugia shirt.
Perugia’s win is their first in almost 2 months and their first clean sheet since 6/12/2014.
Hegazy played two matches since joining Perugia on loan from Fiorentina, losing one and winning another.
Camplone commented on the 24-year-old’s performance saying to Sky: “Hegazy had an important game, but I focused on testing all.”
Perugia now lie in 11th place with 33 points from 26 games and are to face Brescia next Saturday away.
Watch both goals as well as a video roundup of Hegazy’s performance below.