Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
VIDEO: Hegazy helps secure Perugia’s 1st clean sheet in 3 months in 2-0 win
PERUGIA: Koprivec, Giacomazzi, Goldaniga, Hegazy, Crescenzi, Rizzo, Verre, Fossati, Fazzi, Ardelean, Fabinho.
MODENA: Pinsoglio, Gozzi, Cionek, Marzorati, Rubin, Nizzetto, Schiavone, Gentlemen, Martinelli, Fedato, Granoche.
Perugia’s coach, Andrea Camplone, implemented a 3-5-2 formation, one that Hegazy has experience of with the Egyptian national team and Fiorentina.
The first half was a relatively balanced one, showing no serious danger on both sides’ goals except for a wasted Verra chance and a wide header at the other end from Modena’s Granoche.
The first goal of the game came following a swift counter attack in the 43rd minute as Verre finished a horizontal Fabinho pass.
Novellino, Modena’s coach, who appeared to be dissatisfied with his starting line up, used all his substitutions by the 65th minute. He also switched to a 4-2-4 formation, leaving his team vulnerable to Perugia’s counter attacks.
Perugia then sealed the game as Fabinho provided his second assist of the game in the same fashion, but this time it found Nicolo Fazzi (ex Fiorentina) who tapped the ball into an almost empty goal to score his first goal in a Perugia shirt.
Perugia’s win is their first in almost 2 months and their first clean sheet since 6/12/2014.
Hegazy played two matches since joining Perugia on loan from Fiorentina, losing one and winning another.
Camplone commented on the 24-year-old’s performance saying to Sky: “Hegazy had an important game, but I focused on testing all.”
Perugia now lie in 11th place with 33 points from 26 games and are to face Brescia next Saturday away.
Watch both goals as well as a video roundup of Hegazy’s performance below.