Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
VIDEO: Hegazy helps secure Perugia’s 1st clean sheet in 3 months in 2-0 win
PERUGIA: Koprivec, Giacomazzi, Goldaniga, Hegazy, Crescenzi, Rizzo, Verre, Fossati, Fazzi, Ardelean, Fabinho.
MODENA: Pinsoglio, Gozzi, Cionek, Marzorati, Rubin, Nizzetto, Schiavone, Gentlemen, Martinelli, Fedato, Granoche.
Perugia’s coach, Andrea Camplone, implemented a 3-5-2 formation, one that Hegazy has experience of with the Egyptian national team and Fiorentina.
The first half was a relatively balanced one, showing no serious danger on both sides’ goals except for a wasted Verra chance and a wide header at the other end from Modena’s Granoche.
The first goal of the game came following a swift counter attack in the 43rd minute as Verre finished a horizontal Fabinho pass.
Novellino, Modena’s coach, who appeared to be dissatisfied with his starting line up, used all his substitutions by the 65th minute. He also switched to a 4-2-4 formation, leaving his team vulnerable to Perugia’s counter attacks.
Perugia then sealed the game as Fabinho provided his second assist of the game in the same fashion, but this time it found Nicolo Fazzi (ex Fiorentina) who tapped the ball into an almost empty goal to score his first goal in a Perugia shirt.
Perugia’s win is their first in almost 2 months and their first clean sheet since 6/12/2014.
Hegazy played two matches since joining Perugia on loan from Fiorentina, losing one and winning another.
Camplone commented on the 24-year-old’s performance saying to Sky: “Hegazy had an important game, but I focused on testing all.”
Perugia now lie in 11th place with 33 points from 26 games and are to face Brescia next Saturday away.
Watch both goals as well as a video roundup of Hegazy’s performance below.