Pitso Mosimane revealed his interest in signing two Zamalek players ahead of...
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
VIDEO: Hegazy helps secure Perugia’s 1st clean sheet in 3 months in 2-0 win
PERUGIA: Koprivec, Giacomazzi, Goldaniga, Hegazy, Crescenzi, Rizzo, Verre, Fossati, Fazzi, Ardelean, Fabinho.
MODENA: Pinsoglio, Gozzi, Cionek, Marzorati, Rubin, Nizzetto, Schiavone, Gentlemen, Martinelli, Fedato, Granoche.
Perugia’s coach, Andrea Camplone, implemented a 3-5-2 formation, one that Hegazy has experience of with the Egyptian national team and Fiorentina.
The first half was a relatively balanced one, showing no serious danger on both sides’ goals except for a wasted Verra chance and a wide header at the other end from Modena’s Granoche.
The first goal of the game came following a swift counter attack in the 43rd minute as Verre finished a horizontal Fabinho pass.
Novellino, Modena’s coach, who appeared to be dissatisfied with his starting line up, used all his substitutions by the 65th minute. He also switched to a 4-2-4 formation, leaving his team vulnerable to Perugia’s counter attacks.
Perugia then sealed the game as Fabinho provided his second assist of the game in the same fashion, but this time it found Nicolo Fazzi (ex Fiorentina) who tapped the ball into an almost empty goal to score his first goal in a Perugia shirt.
Perugia’s win is their first in almost 2 months and their first clean sheet since 6/12/2014.
Hegazy played two matches since joining Perugia on loan from Fiorentina, losing one and winning another.
Camplone commented on the 24-year-old’s performance saying to Sky: “Hegazy had an important game, but I focused on testing all.”
Perugia now lie in 11th place with 33 points from 26 games and are to face Brescia next Saturday away.
Watch both goals as well as a video roundup of Hegazy’s performance below.