Mohamed Mamdouh Hashem, Pays d’Aix and Egypt’s National Handball team Pivot, spoke...
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I didn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
EFA: Egyptian Premier League returns in 4 days
Mahmoud El-Shamy, Egyptian FA media spokesman, announced that the league would be returning on the 19th of February during a press conference held on Sunday, following the EFA’s meeting earlier today.
El-Shamy then explained that they would be restarting with matchday 22, while matchday 21 would be played later as postponed matches.
He then made it clear that the league’s return is still not final as they are yet to receive an approval from Ministry of Interior and the Cabinet of Ministers, however, communication with both sides is ongoing around the clock.
The spokesman then added that inactivity will hurt a huge sector that operates in the football sector which has a value of investments of nearly five billion pounds, and that some clubs have budgets of nearly 300 million pounds.
The Egyptian Premier league is currently halted indefinitely due to the Air Defence Stadium tragedy which saw the death of at least 22 Zamalek fans.