The Egyptian national military team has managed to beat Canada 4-0 in...
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
EFA: Egyptian Premier League returns in 4 days
Mahmoud El-Shamy, Egyptian FA media spokesman, announced that the league would be returning on the 19th of February during a press conference held on Sunday, following the EFA’s meeting earlier today.
El-Shamy then explained that they would be restarting with matchday 22, while matchday 21 would be played later as postponed matches.
He then made it clear that the league’s return is still not final as they are yet to receive an approval from Ministry of Interior and the Cabinet of Ministers, however, communication with both sides is ongoing around the clock.
The spokesman then added that inactivity will hurt a huge sector that operates in the football sector which has a value of investments of nearly five billion pounds, and that some clubs have budgets of nearly 300 million pounds.