Zamalek manager Momen Soliman revealed that back-up keeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rehim “Gennesh” will...
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
EFA: Egyptian Premier League returns in 4 days
Mahmoud El-Shamy, Egyptian FA media spokesman, announced that the league would be returning on the 19th of February during a press conference held on Sunday, following the EFA’s meeting earlier today.
El-Shamy then explained that they would be restarting with matchday 22, while matchday 21 would be played later as postponed matches.
He then made it clear that the league’s return is still not final as they are yet to receive an approval from Ministry of Interior and the Cabinet of Ministers, however, communication with both sides is ongoing around the clock.
The spokesman then added that inactivity will hurt a huge sector that operates in the football sector which has a value of investments of nearly five billion pounds, and that some clubs have budgets of nearly 300 million pounds.