Alexandrian Smouha SC was stunned by a fifth ACL injury this season...
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
EFA: Egyptian Premier League returns in 4 days
Mahmoud El-Shamy, Egyptian FA media spokesman, announced that the league would be returning on the 19th of February during a press conference held on Sunday, following the EFA’s meeting earlier today.
El-Shamy then explained that they would be restarting with matchday 22, while matchday 21 would be played later as postponed matches.
He then made it clear that the league’s return is still not final as they are yet to receive an approval from Ministry of Interior and the Cabinet of Ministers, however, communication with both sides is ongoing around the clock.
The spokesman then added that inactivity will hurt a huge sector that operates in the football sector which has a value of investments of nearly five billion pounds, and that some clubs have budgets of nearly 300 million pounds.
The Egyptian Premier league is currently halted indefinitely due to the Air Defence Stadium tragedy which saw the death of at least 22 Zamalek fans.