Ahmed Elmohamady played the full 90 minutes as Hull City fell to...
- Ahmed El-Ahmar receives honorary medal from El-Sisi
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
EFA: Egyptian Premier League returns in 4 days
Mahmoud El-Shamy, Egyptian FA media spokesman, announced that the league would be returning on the 19th of February during a press conference held on Sunday, following the EFA’s meeting earlier today.
El-Shamy then explained that they would be restarting with matchday 22, while matchday 21 would be played later as postponed matches.
He then made it clear that the league’s return is still not final as they are yet to receive an approval from Ministry of Interior and the Cabinet of Ministers, however, communication with both sides is ongoing around the clock.
The spokesman then added that inactivity will hurt a huge sector that operates in the football sector which has a value of investments of nearly five billion pounds, and that some clubs have budgets of nearly 300 million pounds.