Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
Hervé Renard available to Egypt via buyout clause
Coaching journey-man, Hervé Renard, who was earlier quoted as expressing interest in Egypt’s top coaching job is available through a buyout clause.
In a TV interview Egyptian FA board member, Mahmoud El-Shamy, was quoted saying, “Renard and his assistants are under contract with Cote d’Ivore until 2016, and the buyout clause is worth 100,000 euros.”
The flirtation with the Ivory Coast coach continues even as Hervé himself has said there has been no contact made with the Egyptian FA.
The coach has proven himself successful on the continent achieving AFCON successes with both an underdog and a powerhouse nation and El-Shamy acknowledged this, “Renard is an excellent coach; he’s managed to win the AFCON with two different teams- Zambia and Cote d’Ivore- in the past few years.”
He started out his African expedition as an assistant to Claude Le Roy during AFCON 2008 and in a short space of time has etched his name in African football history; being the only person to win the AFCON with two countries.
Hervé Renard has stated his ambitions to succeed up to the highest levels, thus, has shown interest in settling in Europe. Unfortunately, his last excursion saw him relegated with Sochaux but this has not scared away suitors.
Unconfirmed sources have claimed that he is in line to take over from St. Etienne coach, Christophe Galtier, at the end of the season.
There is little doubt Renard is Egypt’s most preferred candidate for the Pharaohs’ job but should he not be forthcoming, there’s a host of other famous European names on the shortlist. Uli Stielike, Frank Rijkaard, Alain Giresse and George Leekens are all on the radar of the Egyptian FA.