Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Mohamed Salah ecstatic with full debut
The 22-year-old Egyptian winger recently joined Viola from Chelsea on a six-month loan spell after a lack of game time under Mourinho with Salah proving a point to the Chelsea manager with an impressive first performance.
Salah was happy with his performance saying, “I am really happy with my first goal. This goal will be a big boost for me in the coming matches.”
He added “I am happy with this victory and we will continue work hard to achieve our targets.
Mohamed Salah gained widespread praise for wearing a black armband with the Zamalek logo embedded in memory of the 22 Zamalek fans who died in clashes with Egyptian police.
Salah said, “This is normal behaviour towards the victims’ families and just a message to express my sympathy.”
Fiorentina face Tottenham Hotspur in the a round of 32 tie at White Hart Lane. Salah is motivated to play against Spurs having already scored one goal against the London side whilst at Basel in the Europa League.
He said, “Now, we focus on the next game, against Tottenham in the Europa League.”