Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
Rabia scores own goal as Sporting B suffer heavy defeat
Sporting started the morning match with the wrong foot and with just five minutes played, Aves took the lead, thanks to a Luis Manuel header following a corner.
Despite Sporting’s attempts to get back into the game, things got worse when, at the 37th minute, a miscommunication between Rabia and goalkeeper Guilherme Oliveira caused the Egyptian to divert the ball into his own net, giving a comfortable lead for Aves before half-time.
In the second half, Sporting continued to try to score a goal, but shots kept going wide. At the 58th minute, an error by Mica Pinto allowed a cross to be taken and following a rebound, Rafinha fired a shot which only stopped in the back of the net.
20 minutes later, Mauro Caballero managed to dribble past two opponents in an individual run, culminating in a powerful shot to beat Guilherme Oliveira for the fourth and final goal of the match.
Sporting B drop to 12th in the Segunda Liga table and Aves remain 18th. Sporting B’s next game is at home against Beira-Mar.