Egyptian champions Tala’a El-Gaish lost their third game in a row at...
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
Rabia scores own goal as Sporting B suffer heavy defeat
Sporting started the morning match with the wrong foot and with just five minutes played, Aves took the lead, thanks to a Luis Manuel header following a corner.
Despite Sporting’s attempts to get back into the game, things got worse when, at the 37th minute, a miscommunication between Rabia and goalkeeper Guilherme Oliveira caused the Egyptian to divert the ball into his own net, giving a comfortable lead for Aves before half-time.
In the second half, Sporting continued to try to score a goal, but shots kept going wide. At the 58th minute, an error by Mica Pinto allowed a cross to be taken and following a rebound, Rafinha fired a shot which only stopped in the back of the net.
20 minutes later, Mauro Caballero managed to dribble past two opponents in an individual run, culminating in a powerful shot to beat Guilherme Oliveira for the fourth and final goal of the match.
Sporting B drop to 12th in the Segunda Liga table and Aves remain 18th. Sporting B’s next game is at home against Beira-Mar.