Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
Rabia scores own goal as Sporting B suffer heavy defeat
Sporting started the morning match with the wrong foot and with just five minutes played, Aves took the lead, thanks to a Luis Manuel header following a corner.
Despite Sporting’s attempts to get back into the game, things got worse when, at the 37th minute, a miscommunication between Rabia and goalkeeper Guilherme Oliveira caused the Egyptian to divert the ball into his own net, giving a comfortable lead for Aves before half-time.
In the second half, Sporting continued to try to score a goal, but shots kept going wide. At the 58th minute, an error by Mica Pinto allowed a cross to be taken and following a rebound, Rafinha fired a shot which only stopped in the back of the net.
20 minutes later, Mauro Caballero managed to dribble past two opponents in an individual run, culminating in a powerful shot to beat Guilherme Oliveira for the fourth and final goal of the match.
Sporting B drop to 12th in the Segunda Liga table and Aves remain 18th. Sporting B’s next game is at home against Beira-Mar.