Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
Rabia scores own goal as Sporting B suffer heavy defeat
Sporting started the morning match with the wrong foot and with just five minutes played, Aves took the lead, thanks to a Luis Manuel header following a corner.
Despite Sporting’s attempts to get back into the game, things got worse when, at the 37th minute, a miscommunication between Rabia and goalkeeper Guilherme Oliveira caused the Egyptian to divert the ball into his own net, giving a comfortable lead for Aves before half-time.
In the second half, Sporting continued to try to score a goal, but shots kept going wide. At the 58th minute, an error by Mica Pinto allowed a cross to be taken and following a rebound, Rafinha fired a shot which only stopped in the back of the net.
20 minutes later, Mauro Caballero managed to dribble past two opponents in an individual run, culminating in a powerful shot to beat Guilherme Oliveira for the fourth and final goal of the match.
Sporting B drop to 12th in the Segunda Liga table and Aves remain 18th. Sporting B’s next game is at home against Beira-Mar.