An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Rabia scores own goal as Sporting B suffer heavy defeat
Sporting started the morning match with the wrong foot and with just five minutes played, Aves took the lead, thanks to a Luis Manuel header following a corner.
Despite Sporting’s attempts to get back into the game, things got worse when, at the 37th minute, a miscommunication between Rabia and goalkeeper Guilherme Oliveira caused the Egyptian to divert the ball into his own net, giving a comfortable lead for Aves before half-time.
In the second half, Sporting continued to try to score a goal, but shots kept going wide. At the 58th minute, an error by Mica Pinto allowed a cross to be taken and following a rebound, Rafinha fired a shot which only stopped in the back of the net.
20 minutes later, Mauro Caballero managed to dribble past two opponents in an individual run, culminating in a powerful shot to beat Guilherme Oliveira for the fourth and final goal of the match.
Sporting B drop to 12th in the Segunda Liga table and Aves remain 18th. Sporting B’s next game is at home against Beira-Mar.