Zamalek goalkeeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rahim Gennesh expressed his happiness after first national team call-up...
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
Wadi Degla chairman Maged Samy ban lifted
The Egyptian Football Association (EFA) has lifted the ban on Wadi Degla owner Maged Samy attending matches after accepting his appeal.
Samy was suspended for eight games for his tirade after Degla’s 2-1 loss to Petrojet in the 20th round of the Egyptian Premier league.
Samy said after the match that referees were biased towards a specific side winning title and weaker teams to be relegated. He added that they would make contract with foreign referees with regards to refereeing the rest of the matches.
Degla’s owner will be able to attend matches in case the football activity resumes as the league was halted indefinitely after the Air Defense Stadium disaster that left at least 22 people dead.