Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
VIDEO: Gomaa sent off in Nacional win
Lucas João scored the only goal of the game a ten-man Nacional controversially beat Estoril 1-0 to extend their unbeaten run to six Liga games. João’s close-range header looked to have been saved by Estoril’s Polish goalkeeper, Kieszek on the line, but the linesman gave the goal, while television replays were inconclusive.
This goal came just minutes after Nacional were reduced to ten men after Saleh Gomaa picked up a second yellow for a rash challenge from behind on Diogo Amado. The Egyptian now has one of the worst disciplinary records in the league with eight yellows and two reds in just fifteen games, while he also picked up a red in the Taça da Liga against Benfica last month.
STAT: Saleh Gomaa has now been sent off in three of his last six games for Nacional (2 Liga, 1 Taça da Liga).
Nacional’s recent form has seen them make up ground on the teams above them in the standings, as they bid to qualify for next season’s Europa League. The club now have 28 points, and lie in 9th place, just one point behind Koka’s Rio Ave and Paços de Ferreira.
Next up for Nacional will be an away game against Braga on Saturday evening.