Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
VIDEO: Gomaa sent off in Nacional win
Lucas João scored the only goal of the game a ten-man Nacional controversially beat Estoril 1-0 to extend their unbeaten run to six Liga games. João’s close-range header looked to have been saved by Estoril’s Polish goalkeeper, Kieszek on the line, but the linesman gave the goal, while television replays were inconclusive.
This goal came just minutes after Nacional were reduced to ten men after Saleh Gomaa picked up a second yellow for a rash challenge from behind on Diogo Amado. The Egyptian now has one of the worst disciplinary records in the league with eight yellows and two reds in just fifteen games, while he also picked up a red in the Taça da Liga against Benfica last month.
STAT: Saleh Gomaa has now been sent off in three of his last six games for Nacional (2 Liga, 1 Taça da Liga).
Nacional’s recent form has seen them make up ground on the teams above them in the standings, as they bid to qualify for next season’s Europa League. The club now have 28 points, and lie in 9th place, just one point behind Koka’s Rio Ave and Paços de Ferreira.
Next up for Nacional will be an away game against Braga on Saturday evening.