Mohamed Salah came in as a second half substitute but could not help...
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
Garrido announces Al Ahly squad for CAF Super Cup
Al Ahly manager, Juan Carlos Garrido, has named his 20-man squad to face Algerian ES Sétif in the African Super Cup, which will take place in Algeria on Saturday.
The squad includes Hussein El-Sayed who was out for most of the team’s matches this season, as well as the club’s newest signing Peter Ebimobowei, the 21-year-old Nigerian striker who recently returned from a minor injury.
Garrido excluded Mohamed Rizk due to his injury, while Islam Roshdy couldn’t make it to the squad due to military service procedures.
Al Ahly squad list as follows:
Goalkeepers: Sherif Ekramy, Ahmed Adel, Mossad Awad.
Defenders: Mohamed Naguib, Bassem Ali, Saad Samir, Sabry Rahil, Hussein El-Sayed, Sherif Hazem.
Midfielders: Hossam Ghaly, Hossam Ashour, Abdallah El-Said, Walid Soliman, Ramadan Sobhy, Karim Bambo, Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’, Momen Zakaria.
Forwards: Emad Meteb, Ahmed Abdel-Zaher, Peter Ebimobowei.
ES Sétif qualified for the CAF Super Cup after clinching the CAF Champions League title for the second time in their history against AS Vita Club, while Ahly claimed the Caf Confederation Cup after defeating Sewe Sport.
Al Ahly hold the record number of the highest number of CAF Super Cup titles, won a total of six times.