Al Ahly striker Souleymane Coulibaly was pleased with his performance against Sokar El-Hawamdia...
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
Pochettino praises Salah ahead of Europa League clash with Fiorentina
Spurs are to face the Viola this Thursday in the round of 32 of the Europa League, which is expected to be a very competitive game between two relatively young managers.
“I like Montella, his philosophy and style of play is very Spanish,” the 42-year-old coach told La Gazzetta Dello Sport. “The team could easily blend into La Liga and nobody would notice that they were actually Italian,” the Argentine manager added.
Pochettino also praised multiple players in the Fiorentina squad including Egyptian international Mohamed Salah: “They have quality with the likes of Mario Gomez, Alberto Aquilani, Borja Valero, David Pizarro and the newly-arrived Mohamed Salah.”
“It’s a fascinating contest and even during tough times Serie A teams are still impressive,” he concluded.
Thursday’s game between Tottenham and Fiorentina will be the first-ever official meeting between both sides, having previously met in pre-season friendlies.
The game kicks off at 10:05pm CLT.