The FIFA Ethics committee has announced bans on various African football officials at both...
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
Pochettino praises Salah ahead of Europa League clash with Fiorentina
Spurs are to face the Viola this Thursday in the round of 32 of the Europa League, which is expected to be a very competitive game between two relatively young managers.
“I like Montella, his philosophy and style of play is very Spanish,” the 42-year-old coach told La Gazzetta Dello Sport. “The team could easily blend into La Liga and nobody would notice that they were actually Italian,” the Argentine manager added.
Pochettino also praised multiple players in the Fiorentina squad including Egyptian international Mohamed Salah: “They have quality with the likes of Mario Gomez, Alberto Aquilani, Borja Valero, David Pizarro and the newly-arrived Mohamed Salah.”
“It’s a fascinating contest and even during tough times Serie A teams are still impressive,” he concluded.
Thursday’s game between Tottenham and Fiorentina will be the first-ever official meeting between both sides, having previously met in pre-season friendlies.
The game kicks off at 10:05pm CLT.