Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
VIDEO: Rabia sent off as Sporting B squeeze win over Beira-Mar
For the second consecutive game, Rami Rabia had a poor performance for Sporting B, conceding a penalty and being sent off in a match won by Sporting 3-2 over Beira-Mar.
The match started perfectly for the Lisbon side, as Wallyson Mallmann headed the ball into the back of the net following a cross from Gelson Martins.
Ten minutes later, Sporting managed to double their lead. Once again Gelson Martins crossed, Ousmane Dramé missed the header but Diego Rubio was there to take the shot and score his fourth goal in five B team matches this season.
Things looked bright for Sporting but at the 38th minute, Beira-Mar managed to pull a goal back thanks to Vitor Vinha’s free kick, which Luis Ribeiro had no chance of stopping.
In the second half, Beira-Mar managed to find the equalizer. Rabia, who was playing as a centre-back (he often plays as a defensive midfielder for Sporting B), was outpaced by Paulinho inside the box and in a desperate move, pulled his opponents jersey, causing him to fall. Having already seen a yellow card, Rabia was sent off and a penalty was given. Leandro Chaparro had no difficulty in converting the spot kick.
With Sporting a man down, Beira-Mar took control of the match, trying to snatch the win, whilst Sporting beefed up their attack by bringing on João Palhinha and Hadi Sacko.
The latter was fundamental because, in the first minute of injury time, Wallyson launched the ball into Sacko who took a shot with the outside of the boot and placed well past the goalkeeper. 3-2 was the final score.
Sporting jump to 11th place in the Segunda Liga, but are only 4 points from fourth place. Beira-Mar remain 14th. Sporting’s next game is away to Portimonense, on Sunday.
Watch Rabia’s foul and red card here: