Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
VIDEO: Rabia sent off as Sporting B squeeze win over Beira-Mar
For the second consecutive game, Rami Rabia had a poor performance for Sporting B, conceding a penalty and being sent off in a match won by Sporting 3-2 over Beira-Mar.
The match started perfectly for the Lisbon side, as Wallyson Mallmann headed the ball into the back of the net following a cross from Gelson Martins.
Ten minutes later, Sporting managed to double their lead. Once again Gelson Martins crossed, Ousmane Dramé missed the header but Diego Rubio was there to take the shot and score his fourth goal in five B team matches this season.
Things looked bright for Sporting but at the 38th minute, Beira-Mar managed to pull a goal back thanks to Vitor Vinha’s free kick, which Luis Ribeiro had no chance of stopping.
In the second half, Beira-Mar managed to find the equalizer. Rabia, who was playing as a centre-back (he often plays as a defensive midfielder for Sporting B), was outpaced by Paulinho inside the box and in a desperate move, pulled his opponents jersey, causing him to fall. Having already seen a yellow card, Rabia was sent off and a penalty was given. Leandro Chaparro had no difficulty in converting the spot kick.
With Sporting a man down, Beira-Mar took control of the match, trying to snatch the win, whilst Sporting beefed up their attack by bringing on João Palhinha and Hadi Sacko.
The latter was fundamental because, in the first minute of injury time, Wallyson launched the ball into Sacko who took a shot with the outside of the boot and placed well past the goalkeeper. 3-2 was the final score.
Sporting jump to 11th place in the Segunda Liga, but are only 4 points from fourth place. Beira-Mar remain 14th. Sporting’s next game is away to Portimonense, on Sunday.
Watch Rabia’s foul and red card here: