AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Ex-Viola striker praises ‘complete player’ Salah
Mohamed Salah moved on loan to ACF Fiorentina at the end of the winter transfer window until the end of the current season, with the option to extend his time with the Viola to a further year next summer, if accepted by the 3 parties: the player and both clubs.
There have been plenty of comparisons made between Salah and Juan Cuadrado, after he took the Colombian international’s place within the Italian team.
Francesco Baiano, the player who represented Fiorentina as striker for almost 5 seasons in the 1990s, talked about Salah in his interview with Italian news portal ‘TMW’, as he praised the Egyptian winger for his performances with the team after his first 3 appearances.
The retired Italian said about Salah: “He is dynamic, technical, a complete player. Fiorentina have done great business selling Cuadrado. They found a lot of money to invest and a great player in return for free.”
The Egyptian managed to score once plus add an assist with the team on his full debut with the team in Serie A, against Sassuolo, in addition to a good display in front of Tottenham in the first leg of the Europa League round of 32 tie.
Salah, 22, started his career with Egyptian club Arab Contractors before taking his first steps with European football after moving to FC Basel during the summer of 2012, where he found his way to English Premier League giants Chelsea FC in January 2014.