Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Ex-Viola striker praises ‘complete player’ Salah
Mohamed Salah moved on loan to ACF Fiorentina at the end of the winter transfer window until the end of the current season, with the option to extend his time with the Viola to a further year next summer, if accepted by the 3 parties: the player and both clubs.
There have been plenty of comparisons made between Salah and Juan Cuadrado, after he took the Colombian international’s place within the Italian team.
Francesco Baiano, the player who represented Fiorentina as striker for almost 5 seasons in the 1990s, talked about Salah in his interview with Italian news portal ‘TMW’, as he praised the Egyptian winger for his performances with the team after his first 3 appearances.
The retired Italian said about Salah: “He is dynamic, technical, a complete player. Fiorentina have done great business selling Cuadrado. They found a lot of money to invest and a great player in return for free.”
The Egyptian managed to score once plus add an assist with the team on his full debut with the team in Serie A, against Sassuolo, in addition to a good display in front of Tottenham in the first leg of the Europa League round of 32 tie.
Salah, 22, started his career with Egyptian club Arab Contractors before taking his first steps with European football after moving to FC Basel during the summer of 2012, where he found his way to English Premier League giants Chelsea FC in January 2014.