In an intensive interview with France Football Magazine, Mohamed Salah reflected on...
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
El-Badry announces Egypt U-23 Squad to face Kenya
Egypt’s U-23 manager Hossam El-Badry has named his 25-man squad to face Kenya in the first of two legs of the first round of the 2015 All-Africa Games qualifiers.
Tُhe first round was originally scheduled between the 21st and the 22nd of February but it was pushed forward following the horrific Air Defence Stadium tragedy which resulted in the death of at least 22 Zamalek fans.
Hossam El-Badry spoke briefly on his selections, he said: “We failed to add our Pharaohs abroad to our squad in addition to our recently injured players, Mahmoud Metwaly and Mohamed Salem.”
The former Al Ahly manager then emphasised on everyone’s chance to join the squad later on.
“Whoever wasn’t lucky enough to join the squad still has a chance to do so, everyone is continuously monitored,” he added.
“I chose the players that will be able to execute my tactics during the sensitive times we are currently facing due to our injuries,” El-Badry concluded.
Egypt’s squad list as follows:
Goalkeepers: Mosaad Awad (Al Ahly), Hassan Shahin (Arab Contractors SC), Mahmoud Hamdy (Misr El-Maqassa).
Defenders: Ragab Nabil (Wadi Degla), Mohamed Abdel-Razik ‘Bazooka’ (Ittihad of Alexandria), Yasser Ibrahim (Smouha SC), Mahmoud Hamdy (Tala’a El-Gaish), Abdelrahman Hassaan (Ismaily), Osama Ibrahim (ENPPI), Mohamed Adel-Gomaa (Al Masry SC), Ahmed Samir (Zamalek).
Midfielders:Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’, Karim Bambo, Ramadan Sobhy, Amr Warda (Al Ahly), Ahmed Refaat (ENPPI), Mahmoud Hamad, Omar El-Wahsh (Ismaily), Hamdy Fathy (Damanhour), Mostafa Fathy (Zamalek), Mohamed Ashraf Tawfiq (Tala’a El-Gaish),
Forwards: Shokry Naguib, Mohamed Ashraf Abdelkader (Ismaily), Hussein Ragab (Misr El-Maqassa), Mahmoud Kahraba (ENPPI).