The FIFA Ethics committee has announced bans on various African football officials at both...
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
El-Badry announces Egypt U-23 Squad to face Kenya
Egypt’s U-23 manager Hossam El-Badry has named his 25-man squad to face Kenya in the first of two legs of the first round of the 2015 All-Africa Games qualifiers.
Tُhe first round was originally scheduled between the 21st and the 22nd of February but it was pushed forward following the horrific Air Defence Stadium tragedy which resulted in the death of at least 22 Zamalek fans.
Hossam El-Badry spoke briefly on his selections, he said: “We failed to add our Pharaohs abroad to our squad in addition to our recently injured players, Mahmoud Metwaly and Mohamed Salem.”
The former Al Ahly manager then emphasised on everyone’s chance to join the squad later on.
“Whoever wasn’t lucky enough to join the squad still has a chance to do so, everyone is continuously monitored,” he added.
“I chose the players that will be able to execute my tactics during the sensitive times we are currently facing due to our injuries,” El-Badry concluded.
Egypt’s squad list as follows:
Goalkeepers: Mosaad Awad (Al Ahly), Hassan Shahin (Arab Contractors SC), Mahmoud Hamdy (Misr El-Maqassa).
Defenders: Ragab Nabil (Wadi Degla), Mohamed Abdel-Razik ‘Bazooka’ (Ittihad of Alexandria), Yasser Ibrahim (Smouha SC), Mahmoud Hamdy (Tala’a El-Gaish), Abdelrahman Hassaan (Ismaily), Osama Ibrahim (ENPPI), Mohamed Adel-Gomaa (Al Masry SC), Ahmed Samir (Zamalek).
Midfielders:Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’, Karim Bambo, Ramadan Sobhy, Amr Warda (Al Ahly), Ahmed Refaat (ENPPI), Mahmoud Hamad, Omar El-Wahsh (Ismaily), Hamdy Fathy (Damanhour), Mostafa Fathy (Zamalek), Mohamed Ashraf Tawfiq (Tala’a El-Gaish),
Forwards: Shokry Naguib, Mohamed Ashraf Abdelkader (Ismaily), Hussein Ragab (Misr El-Maqassa), Mahmoud Kahraba (ENPPI).