KingFut’s Marwan Ahmed got in touch with Angola national team manager Beto...
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
VIDEO: El-Nenny assists for Basel as they slip against title rivals Young Boys
El-Nenny came off the bench as a second-half substitute for Basel against BSC Young Boys, but the title holders failed to achieve a positive result and continue to slip in the second half of the season, with a 4-2 loss in the 21st round.
Basel have now lost 5 points in 2 matches after drawing 1-1 against FC Sion in the 20th round of the Swiss Super League.
For Ahmed Hamoudi, it was the third league match in a row that he was left out of the squad, despite playing as a substitute in the home match against FC Porto in the UEFA Champions League last week.
The match started with full control from the home team as they managed to score twice with goals from Swedish striker Alexander Gerndt in 10th and 27th minutes.
Not much changed during the second half as Serbian midfielder Milan Gajic grabbed the third goal for the hosts in the 60th minute.
Then Basel attempted to get back into the game with a lucky goal from Gashi in the 71st minute, when he was trying to cross the ball from right side towards Embolo. The Cameroonian-born striker distracted the goalkeeper by jumping to latch onto the ball, but he failed to get a touch on it as it crept in.
El-Nenny’s role came too late when he helped close the gap to one in the 90th minute with nice assist to Marco Streller, before the final bullet from Young Boys came in the 94th minute to make the result 4-2.
The result didn’t change the standings of both teams in the league table, but it closed the gap between the two sides, with Basel still on top with 45 points, while Young Boys are in second with 40 points.