Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Gedo trains with Al Ahly for first time since May 2014
Egyptian international Mohamed Nagy ‘Gedo’ returned to Al Ahly training today for the first time since tearing his ACL in Tunisia back in May of 2014.
Gedo’s delayed return resulted from the player suffering from pain in his knee after the reconstructive surgery, however, further tests showed that the player was ready to finally return to training again.
Juan Carlos Garrido, Al Ahly’s manager, now has four strikers at his disposal: Mohamed Nagy ‘Gedo’, Emad Meteb, Peter Ebimobowei, and Ahmed Abdel-Zaher. The Spanish manager will still have to do without the services of Amr Gamal, who’s still recovering from his ACL tear.
It’s well worth mentioning that Al Ahly currently lie in 3rd place with nine points behind league leaders, Zamalek, however Al Ahly still have a game in hand.