Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Gedo trains with Al Ahly for first time since May 2014
Egyptian international Mohamed Nagy ‘Gedo’ returned to Al Ahly training today for the first time since tearing his ACL in Tunisia back in May of 2014.
Gedo’s delayed return resulted from the player suffering from pain in his knee after the reconstructive surgery, however, further tests showed that the player was ready to finally return to training again.
Juan Carlos Garrido, Al Ahly’s manager, now has four strikers at his disposal: Mohamed Nagy ‘Gedo’, Emad Meteb, Peter Ebimobowei, and Ahmed Abdel-Zaher. The Spanish manager will still have to do without the services of Amr Gamal, who’s still recovering from his ACL tear.
It’s well worth mentioning that Al Ahly currently lie in 3rd place with nine points behind league leaders, Zamalek, however Al Ahly still have a game in hand.