Egypt’s Mohamed Elneny seems happy and satisfied with his role and achievements with...
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
VIDEO: Al Ahly retired midfielder Barakat visits FC Barcelona
FC Barcelona’s official website has covered the former Egyptian football player Mohamed Barakat’s visit to the Spanish club last week.
The retired Ahly player took a tour at Camp Nou and visited the FC Barcelona museum that was inaugurated in 1984 before appearing in a televised interview on the club’s official channel.
The player who won the 2005 BBC African Footballer of the Year award met with Barcelona stars, Andres Iniesta and Luis Suarez.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) February 21, 2015
“All young players should be proud of these stars,” said Barakat in reference to Barcelona players.
Barakat visited Spain twice before with the Egyptian national team in 2006 and with Al Ahly in 2012, both as part of friendly matches. This visit, however, was for a different reason.
“I wanted to start my new career in sports media from Barcelona’s headquarters and through meeting Barcelona’s players who are considered some of the best players in the world,” the 38-year-old former international player said.
Barakat had presented a couple of TV shows after his retirement in 2012.
“I am happy to be here in of this great club which has many fans all over the world,” the retired midfielder said.
The website shed the light over Barakat’s journey in football starting from playing for Ismaily and ending by joining Al Ahly and helping the team win four Champions League titles. He was also part of the Egyptian national team which won the 2006 African Cup of Nations.