Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
VIDEO: Al Ahly retired midfielder Barakat visits FC Barcelona
FC Barcelona’s official website has covered the former Egyptian football player Mohamed Barakat’s visit to the Spanish club last week.
The retired Ahly player took a tour at Camp Nou and visited the FC Barcelona museum that was inaugurated in 1984 before appearing in a televised interview on the club’s official channel.
The player who won the 2005 BBC African Footballer of the Year award met with Barcelona stars, Andres Iniesta and Luis Suarez.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) February 21, 2015
“All young players should be proud of these stars,” said Barakat in reference to Barcelona players.
Barakat visited Spain twice before with the Egyptian national team in 2006 and with Al Ahly in 2012, both as part of friendly matches. This visit, however, was for a different reason.
“I wanted to start my new career in sports media from Barcelona’s headquarters and through meeting Barcelona’s players who are considered some of the best players in the world,” the 38-year-old former international player said.
Barakat had presented a couple of TV shows after his retirement in 2012.
“I am happy to be here in of this great club which has many fans all over the world,” the retired midfielder said.
The website shed the light over Barakat’s journey in football starting from playing for Ismaily and ending by joining Al Ahly and helping the team win four Champions League titles. He was also part of the Egyptian national team which won the 2006 African Cup of Nations.