Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Metab would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Egypt FA reverses course again, claims new coach will be foreigner
Ahmed Megahed, a member of the Egyptian Football Association (EFA), has confirmed that the new national team coach will be a foreigner, effectively putting an end to the rumors suggesting that Hassan Shehata will take over.
“At first, we believed that a foreign coach is better for the national team in the upcoming period, the stoppage of the league however made things difficult,” Megahed said in televised comments,
“Things are final now, the return of the [Egyptian Premier] league has eliminated the option of having a local coach,” he added.
The EFA pointed out that the halting of the League has had a negative financial effect on the association. Nevertheless, Megahed believes that with the league back in action, things will return back to normal.
The EFA made it clear last month that the new coach will be someone from the recently concluded 2015 AFCON.
Former Senegal manager Alian Giresse has recently been tipped as a possible candidate for the hot-seat.
It is worth mentioning that former coach Shehata, who led the national team to a historic three consecutive AFCON titles, was a potential candidate according to the EFA.
Shehata expressed his desire to return to his former post a few days ago when he talked to the Egyptian press.