The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
INFOGRAPHIC: El-Nenny covers most ground in UEFA Champions League
The 22-year-old central midfielder is among the only 4 players who’ve covered over 80km in Europe’s elite competition thus far. Dennis Aogo, Nemanja Matić and Blaise Matuidi are the only other players who’ve covered over 80km ahead of the round of 16 second legs.
After 7 matches in the 2014/2015 Champions League with FC Basel, Mohamed El-Nenny has covered exactly 85491 m, according to UEFA’s official statistics, more than any other player in the competition.
— Champions League (@ChampionsLeague) February 18, 2015
El-Nenny has started every match for the Swiss champions so far this campaign, having only been substituted once – in the 83rd minute against Liverpool – totalling 623 minutes played. However, Egyptian compatriot Ahmed Hamoudi, who joined FC Basel last summer from Smouha, has only played 117 minutes.
FC Basel are set to visit FC Porto in the second leg of the round of 16 tie on the 10th of March, after drawing 1-1 at home against the Portuguese giants last week.