Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
INFOGRAPHIC: El-Nenny covers most ground in UEFA Champions League
The 22-year-old central midfielder is among the only 4 players who’ve covered over 80km in Europe’s elite competition thus far. Dennis Aogo, Nemanja Matić and Blaise Matuidi are the only other players who’ve covered over 80km ahead of the round of 16 second legs.
After 7 matches in the 2014/2015 Champions League with FC Basel, Mohamed El-Nenny has covered exactly 85491 m, according to UEFA’s official statistics, more than any other player in the competition.
— Champions League (@ChampionsLeague) February 18, 2015
El-Nenny has started every match for the Swiss champions so far this campaign, having only been substituted once – in the 83rd minute against Liverpool – totalling 623 minutes played. However, Egyptian compatriot Ahmed Hamoudi, who joined FC Basel last summer from Smouha, has only played 117 minutes.
FC Basel are set to visit FC Porto in the second leg of the round of 16 tie on the 10th of March, after drawing 1-1 at home against the Portuguese giants last week.