The UEFA Champions League trophy will visit Cairo on a two-day tour...
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
INFOGRAPHIC: El-Nenny covers most ground in UEFA Champions League
The 22-year-old central midfielder is among the only 4 players who’ve covered over 80km in Europe’s elite competition thus far. Dennis Aogo, Nemanja Matić and Blaise Matuidi are the only other players who’ve covered over 80km ahead of the round of 16 second legs.
After 7 matches in the 2014/2015 Champions League with FC Basel, Mohamed El-Nenny has covered exactly 85491 m, according to UEFA’s official statistics, more than any other player in the competition.
— Champions League (@ChampionsLeague) February 18, 2015
El-Nenny has started every match for the Swiss champions so far this campaign, having only been substituted once – in the 83rd minute against Liverpool – totalling 623 minutes played. However, Egyptian compatriot Ahmed Hamoudi, who joined FC Basel last summer from Smouha, has only played 117 minutes.
FC Basel are set to visit FC Porto in the second leg of the round of 16 tie on the 10th of March, after drawing 1-1 at home against the Portuguese giants last week.