Former Tottenham Hotspur striker Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ has given an outrageous vow...
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
INFOGRAPHIC: El-Nenny covers most ground in UEFA Champions League
The 22-year-old central midfielder is among the only 4 players who’ve covered over 80km in Europe’s elite competition thus far. Dennis Aogo, Nemanja Matić and Blaise Matuidi are the only other players who’ve covered over 80km ahead of the round of 16 second legs.
After 7 matches in the 2014/2015 Champions League with FC Basel, Mohamed El-Nenny has covered exactly 85491 m, according to UEFA’s official statistics, more than any other player in the competition.
— Champions League (@ChampionsLeague) February 18, 2015
El-Nenny has started every match for the Swiss champions so far this campaign, having only been substituted once – in the 83rd minute against Liverpool – totalling 623 minutes played. However, Egyptian compatriot Ahmed Hamoudi, who joined FC Basel last summer from Smouha, has only played 117 minutes.
FC Basel are set to visit FC Porto in the second leg of the round of 16 tie on the 10th of March, after drawing 1-1 at home against the Portuguese giants last week.