Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
Hegazy sent off as Perugia secure 2-1 win
The home team were able to maintain their 2-1 win even though Egypt international Hegazy was sent off in the last minute of the game.
The first half ended with Perugia leading with a two-goal difference. Udinese loanee Valerio Verre scored the opening goal for the home team in the 36th minute. Six minutes later – and just before half-time – Perugia doubled their lead through another loanee, Matteo Ardemagni of Atalanta
Hegazy, who joined on loan from Fiorentina on the final day of the winter transfer window, was not the only one given a red card this evening; Spezia’s Matteo Bianchetti was shown two yellow cards to be sent off in the 50th minute. However, only three mins later, Spezia were able to pull one back thanks to an own-goal by Edoardo Goldaniga.
Perugia’s win took them two places up in Serie B to stand in 9th place with 39 points, level with Spezia and Pescara before they visit Frosinone on Tuesday.