Egypt international Mohamed Abdel-Shafy played the full 90 minutes as Al Ahli...
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
Hegazy sent off as Perugia secure 2-1 win
The home team were able to maintain their 2-1 win even though Egypt international Hegazy was sent off in the last minute of the game.
The first half ended with Perugia leading with a two-goal difference. Udinese loanee Valerio Verre scored the opening goal for the home team in the 36th minute. Six minutes later – and just before half-time – Perugia doubled their lead through another loanee, Matteo Ardemagni of Atalanta
Hegazy, who joined on loan from Fiorentina on the final day of the winter transfer window, was not the only one given a red card this evening; Spezia’s Matteo Bianchetti was shown two yellow cards to be sent off in the 50th minute. However, only three mins later, Spezia were able to pull one back thanks to an own-goal by Edoardo Goldaniga.
Perugia’s win took them two places up in Serie B to stand in 9th place with 39 points, level with Spezia and Pescara before they visit Frosinone on Tuesday.