Egypt internationals Ali Zein and Mohamed Mamdouh’s French club Pays d’Aix Université have qualified...
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
- We are not afraid of Zamalek, says Enugu Rangers chief
- Pioli answers: Will Salah be key man for Roma against Inter?
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
- AS Roma to face Olympique Lyonnais in Europa League
- Smouha set date for Ulinzi Stars clash
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
Hegazy sent off as Perugia secure 2-1 win
The home team were able to maintain their 2-1 win even though Egypt international Hegazy was sent off in the last minute of the game.
The first half ended with Perugia leading with a two-goal difference. Udinese loanee Valerio Verre scored the opening goal for the home team in the 36th minute. Six minutes later – and just before half-time – Perugia doubled their lead through another loanee, Matteo Ardemagni of Atalanta
Hegazy, who joined on loan from Fiorentina on the final day of the winter transfer window, was not the only one given a red card this evening; Spezia’s Matteo Bianchetti was shown two yellow cards to be sent off in the 50th minute. However, only three mins later, Spezia were able to pull one back thanks to an own-goal by Edoardo Goldaniga.
Perugia’s win took them two places up in Serie B to stand in 9th place with 39 points, level with Spezia and Pescara before they visit Frosinone on Tuesday.