Ghana captain and all-time top scorer Asamoah Gyan mentioned that he and...
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
VIDEO: Ghazal impresses as Nacional seal 3-0 win over Setubal
The game was originally scheduled for Saturday, but the referee had called it off after 13 minutes due to heavy fog.
Egypt internationals Aly Ghazal and Saleh Gomaa both played the entire match in the rescheduled fixture, with the latter returning from another suspension. Luis Aurelio gave Nacional the lead just 12 minutes into the game, and seven minutes later Marco Matias doubled the score with a strong bullet into the top left corner.
Ghazal, 23, really impressed when his goal-line clearance denied Setubal a way back into the match, minutes before the end of the first half.
Three minutes into the second half and Lucas Joao sealed the three points for Nacional with a magnificent header.
Nacional will next face Sporting Lisbon – who lost 3-0 against Porto on Sunday night – in the Portuguese Cup semi-finals on Thursday.