Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Petrojet hit 6 past Al Ghazala in CAF Confederation Cup
Petrojet have today qualified for the round of 32 of the CAF Confederation Cup after thrashing Al Ghazala of South Sudan 6-1 in the second leg of the preliminary round in Cairo.
The first leg in Juba ended 1-0 in favour of the Petroleum side, who qualify to face Djiloba AC of Mali in the next round.
Carrying a 1-0 advantage from the first game, Petrojet always looked in control. Ehab El-Masry opened the scoring and eventually went on to get a brace, whereas other goals came from Mohamed Ragab, who also got a brace, while Bilal Gamal and Nigerian striker James Owoboskini scored a goal each to confirm Petrojet’s qualification.
Al Ghazala managed a consolation goal in the second half and the tie ended 7-1 on aggregate.
Petrojet go on to face Malian heavyweights Djoliba AC with the first game mid-March in Bamako and the return leg two weeks later in Suez.