Zamalek were held to a goalless draw against Tanta in gameweek 26...
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
Petrojet hit 6 past Al Ghazala in CAF Confederation Cup
Petrojet have today qualified for the round of 32 of the CAF Confederation Cup after thrashing Al Ghazala of South Sudan 6-1 in the second leg of the preliminary round in Cairo.
The first leg in Juba ended 1-0 in favour of the Petroleum side, who qualify to face Djiloba AC of Mali in the next round.
Carrying a 1-0 advantage from the first game, Petrojet always looked in control. Ehab El-Masry opened the scoring and eventually went on to get a brace, whereas other goals came from Mohamed Ragab, who also got a brace, while Bilal Gamal and Nigerian striker James Owoboskini scored a goal each to confirm Petrojet’s qualification.
Al Ghazala managed a consolation goal in the second half and the tie ended 7-1 on aggregate.
Petrojet go on to face Malian heavyweights Djoliba AC with the first game mid-March in Bamako and the return leg two weeks later in Suez.