Ghana national team manager Avram Grant has spoken ahead of their 2017...
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
Petrojet hit 6 past Al Ghazala in CAF Confederation Cup
Petrojet have today qualified for the round of 32 of the CAF Confederation Cup after thrashing Al Ghazala of South Sudan 6-1 in the second leg of the preliminary round in Cairo.
The first leg in Juba ended 1-0 in favour of the Petroleum side, who qualify to face Djiloba AC of Mali in the next round.
Carrying a 1-0 advantage from the first game, Petrojet always looked in control. Ehab El-Masry opened the scoring and eventually went on to get a brace, whereas other goals came from Mohamed Ragab, who also got a brace, while Bilal Gamal and Nigerian striker James Owoboskini scored a goal each to confirm Petrojet’s qualification.
Al Ghazala managed a consolation goal in the second half and the tie ended 7-1 on aggregate.
Petrojet go on to face Malian heavyweights Djoliba AC with the first game mid-March in Bamako and the return leg two weeks later in Suez.